VMware Online Academic Store Discounts

JDMurrayJDMurray Certification InvigilatorSurf City, USAPosts: 11,026Admin Admin
This is just to let everyone know that VMware offers student discounts on VMware Workstation 7 (Windows and Linux) and VMware Fusion 3 (Mac) through the VMware Online Academic Store.

Workstation 7.1 is currently $113US and comes with VMware ThinApp Starter Edition. An upgrade to 7 from workstation 5 or 6 is $59US. Both are only available as electronic downloads. This is a better deal than I have seen for any academic discount software offer.

You will need to purchase the discounted products at vmware.com, where you must have a registered account and specify which school you currently attend. You will be able to immediately access your downloads and activation keys. There is no requirement to send proof to VMware that you are actually a student. icon_scratch.gif
Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
--
Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Senior Member Posts: 1,550Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice deal, if I didn't get Workstation 7 free with the VCP 4 I would jump on it. icon_cool.gif
    MentholMoose
    LFCE - MCITP: EDA7, VA, SA, EA - MCSA:S 2003 - CCA (PVS 5, XD 3 / 4 / 5, XS 5 / 6) - VCP 4 / 5
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAPosts: 11,026Admin Admin
    Nice deal, if I didn't get Workstation 7 free with the VCP 4 I would jump on it. icon_cool.gif
    You got the VCP 4 just to get a free copy of Workstation? Now that sounds expensive! icon_lol.gif
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Senior Member Posts: 1,550Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    You got the VCP 4 just to get a free copy of Workstation? Now that sounds expensive! icon_lol.gif
    Hey, it's hard to turn down something free! :D
    MentholMoose
    LFCE - MCITP: EDA7, VA, SA, EA - MCSA:S 2003 - CCA (PVS 5, XD 3 / 4 / 5, XS 5 / 6) - VCP 4 / 5