Options

Woohoo!

bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
I got a call yesterday. The budget issues the hiring person was having for one of the jobs I'd interviewed for got approved! He'd wanted to hire 2 people but only got approval for 1... ME!!! icon_cheers.gif I start on Monday and am getting an offer letter mailed to me (I've never gotten an offer letter before... I may have to frame it)

It's a "NOC Technician"; the responsibilities look like it's pretty much NOC Tier 1. I didn't get what I asked for (do we ever?), but it was more than I was willing to go down to, so I'm happy there.

It's nearly a 2-hour drive away which would be rough. With 3-on, 3-off 12 hour nights after training, I'm thinking 2 days in a hotel room will be easier, only driving there for day 1, and home after day 3.

So I'm scrambling around today. I need to get new tires on my car (2 hour interstate drives on bald tires with uneven tread = bad). I want to pick up a laptop for studying and free communications over IMs. I'm so excited!!!
Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno

Comments

• Options
    jblake1986jblake1986 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wanted to be the first to say congrats
    ICND1 Test Apr 23
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very nice.....Gratz
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well isnt that a nice Valentine's Day present. Congrats!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and best of luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Have you worked in a NOC before??
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Way to go
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Have you worked in a NOC before??

Nope, this is my first real IT gig, not counting ISP helpdesk/repair shop like 20 years ago.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the new spot. Glad to hear it! icon_cheers.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the new job!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63