Options

Mark your calendar - 22 Feb 11 - Win 7 Sp1

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Bokeh wrote: »

I haven't read the article yet. Did they go into detail what will be corrected or patched?
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    From the article:

Microsoft has said several times that Windows 7 SP1 would not include any new features specific to the operating system, but would instead be composed of the security patches and nonsecurity fixes that had already been issued via Windows Update.

The only additions to SP1 include an updated Remote Desktop client designed to work with RemoteFX, a new technology that debuts with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. RemoteFX is designed to improve the graphics performance of Windows 7 virtual machines hosted on Server 2008 R2 SP1 systems. Windows 7 SP1 also supports "Dynamic Memory," a feature in Server 2008 R2 SP1 that lets IT staff adjust guest virtual machines' memory on the fly.

Today, Microsoft touted the benefits of Windows 7 SP1 to corporations, claiming that RemoteFX and Dynamic Memory would let computer makers design and sell low-cost clients that run Windows 7 in a virtual machine.

"These technologies will drive down the endpoint cost and reduce endpoint power consumption," said Michael Kleef, a senior technical product manager with the Windows Server group, in a blog post.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I'll mark the 28th or 7th personally. Unless there is a major showstopper, I prefer to let others test it and find out if it causes any unexpected issues...
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    I'll mark the 28th or 7th personally. Unless there is a major showstopper, I prefer to let others test it and find out if it causes any unexpected issues...

I'm in no hurry. I'll take it whenever my computer decides that it is going to force me to install it. So I probably have 2 or 3 months.
    Decide what to be and go be it.