Options

IT Professional with ADHD

124»

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Only 77..

but some of the questions I would have answered very differently a few years ago.

for example are you qucik temperded? well when i was in my teens I was very quick empered as my parents would tell you (as would the broken doors that I put my fist and feet through on a number of ocasions).

And "do you say things with out thinking??" well these days no, I want to, but I have taugh my self the habit of stopping, and getting my thoughs in order before I speak. but that is a concious effort, sayhing things to my self in my head before I speak.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    With me I only get distracted when I start loosing interest in something. Networking interests me to the point to where I usually don't get distracted if I have something I need to get done. If I don't have something that I need to do, thats when I space out and end up on here icon_wink.gif

The guy I know with severe ADHD would hyperfocus on his job and only squirrel out if things slowed down.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Only 77..

but some of the questions I would have answered very differently a few years ago.

The thing with that test is the questions are for ADD and ADD with HD, I do not have HD just ADD. My doc said that the medical community does not make a distinction between the two anymore. If you have ADD or ADHD you get classified with ADHD.

I would have scored higher a few years ago when I was under alot more stress from work.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    20 -- Does that make me boring? Oh, a power outage!!

May have been the lake water when we were growing up. Although I left at 24, Chicago will always be home. Mom Dad and siblings are still there. But still I am sad!! Scored my lucky number 13. Desert tortoises probably score higher. Must be untruthful with myself.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    keenyuhkeenyuh Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Like others have mentioned dropping soda, carbs and all the processed junk really helped me with my ADD. Also exercise and routine will help you focus.
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Hi guys, this video is a must see, although proper diagnosis is one of the ingredients, I strongly agree with proper diet/exercise, an air filter if you have allergies that persists, and avoiding stuff I already know that are bad junk food/soda/processed food.

Allergies plays a major role on some of the symptoms, that are often excluded by incompetent Doctors who are lazier than a sloth, nevertheless, years of observation/investigation IMO is a must before ADHD label is even used as it is already overused I can relate for some people who disagree that ADHD is a myth can't blame them, the drug companies are a billion dollar empire and will push their case just to make someone's situation worst so they can make their quick bucks, in my case I lived with an ex. PHD Psy-D for 3 years.

YouTube - Don't Drug Them First - Children, ADHD & Drugs - Dr. Rapp
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

The food industry fills bellies and takes your money and that's about it. Mass produced oils and transfats have been killing people for years. Be careful what you buy and eat. Change the diet and have fewer problems with allergies and concentration. Improve your energy levels, resistance to illness, physiology and psychology. Be sceptical of low fat, cholesterol advertising and gluten products. Avoid wheat unless it is fermented (sour dough). Real saturated fats, grass fed meat, organic vegetables and fruit are good for you and were for thousands of years..
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Turgon wrote: »
    The food industry fills bellies and takes your money and that's about it. Mass produced oils and transfats have been killing people for years. Be careful what you buy and eat. Change the diet and have fewer problems with allergies and concentration. Improve your energy levels, resistance to illness, physiology and psychology. Be sceptical of low fat, cholesterol advertising and gluten products. Avoid wheat unless it is fermented (sour dough). Real saturated fats, grass fed meat, organic vegetables and fruit are good for you and were for thousands of years..

This drug companies are easily corrupted being there for profit, some of this medication are like a tape to a leaking pipe, instead of them fixing the root cause of the issue, they try to give you something that didn't really addressed it instead patched you with psychotrophic and enhancing controlled drugs sad but true "street drugs" which in our case our only option, it's starting to be more and more clear that most of the ADHD condition stems out as a result of how our society evolved, gluttony/junk foods/video games/no exercise/bad diet/too much television/bad parenting/manners going off the window/chemicals exposure, it can be the paint in our house etc., if this issues are addressed the overall effect of ADHD will be less pronounced.

I'm not saying that ADHD doesn't exist it does now, I do believe though that the condition is truely a product of our current society, the numbers will grow and become more prevalent for days to come, I came from a background of having plenty of exercise and growing up eating healthy food 60 -70 % greens, but for some reason I might have fallen short on some of the stuff I have no control over.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□

So after the apocalypse, only cockroaches, rats and twinkies will survive? Maybe Tupperware as well.

Maybe Japan should build their infrastructure out of twinkies.

EDIT: What the hell is a twinkie anyway?
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    EDIT: What the hell is a twinkie anyway?

Sergeant Al Powell: "Sugar, enriched flour, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, polysorbate 60 and yellow dye #5. Everything a growing boy needs."
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    wastedtime wrote: »
    Sergeant Al Powell: "Sugar, enriched flour, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, polysorbate 60 and yellow dye #5. Everything a growing boy needs."

OK, I get Apu now: "Silly customer! You cannot hurt a Twinkie!"

Would you call it a biscuit? Cake? Shortbread?
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    OK, I get Apu now: "Silly customer! You cannot hurt a Twinkie!"

Would you call it a biscuit? Cake? Shortbread?

Yes but....

Peter Griffin: Lois, everyone knows there are only two things that can survive a "nucular" holocaust cockroaches and Twinkies.