Options

Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 good enough for SY0-301?

buff3r0vrfl0wbuff3r0vrfl0w Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Is the Darril Gibson book 'Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 good enough for the SY0-301 exam? I read some of the objectives for the 301 exam and there is a little more emphasis on cloud computing technologies.. what do you guys recommend?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    When are you taking the exam?
  • Options
    I plan on taking the exam in may
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have heard great response and feedback from Darril Gibson book for Security+ seems the way to go!! Good luck on your exam icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    so even though his book is based on the 201 objectives you guys think it will be sufficient enough for the 301 objectives exam?
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Look at the objectives in the 301 exam and compare them to the 201 exam. That should give you your answer.
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I didnot use Darill;s Book but read the 5 star review for it from the forum members and on Amazon .

This book along with Google should take you through the exam .( Check the Objective as mentioned )..
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    AFAIK you can take SY0-201 in May as it will not be retired by then. Is there a particular reason for you to take SY0-301 instead?
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    A new version already? didnt 201 just come out last year? Security changes, but the basics really havent.
  • Options
    ahh .. didn't know it was going into affect in May .. I still got time to take the 201 objectives.. sorry for the confusion.. thanks for the help