Options

is this ccent preparation enough

ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
is this preparation enough

1.todd lammle ccna book with cbt nuggets(jeremy cioara)
2.icnd1 wendell odom book with train signal(chris bryant)
are all topics covered for ccent exams
can i buy some cisco equipment for practise as i am going to practice on packet tracer. is lab practice neccessary on real equip.

Comments

• Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    as a fellow student studying for the ccent I have followed a similar path and have basically read and watched exactly the same as you have. Ive been studying for a few months at least and think you ask your self do i know enough ? I think its so easy to get off track with study objectives to pass the exam. heck ive been reading some ccnp stuff.

I think all that is good enough to sit the ccent if your confident. I think the ccna icnd2 will be beneficial do use live equipment prior to sitting that Atleast I know I have benefited heaps from using live after using packet tracer.

I hope to sit my ccent in a couple of months.

• Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Use packet tracer, and set up 3 routers with 3 switches attached to each, and 2 hosts at the end of each of the LAN's. Set up static routing and get all hosts to ping eachother. Get rid of the static routes and impliment RIPv2.

Then, set up a laptop with a console connection and start looking up every bit of detail, all the sh int, sh running-config, cdp commands. Alot of my exam was using them and looking up details inside those kind of commands.

I only just failed my exam because I was not prepared for the amount of digging it wanted me to do.

Kai.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ccnaomkar wrote: »
    is this preparation enough

1.todd lammle ccna book with cbt nuggets(jeremy cioara)
    2.icnd1 wendell odom book with train signal(chris bryant)
    are all topics covered for ccent exams
    can i buy some cisco equipment for practise as i am going to practice on packet tracer. is lab practice neccessary on real equip.

Depends on how you study honestly. Some people need that lab gear, some only need packet tracer and some (like a buddy of mine) only needed the books and practice tests. Although to be fair our job was dealing with Cisco gear on a daily basis so he had the "lab" experience. For my studies i'm doing the CBT nuggets and the Odom book with a small lab. I just prefer the feel of real gear so when I do land a job messing with the hardware as well i'll have a decent idea of what i'm looking at.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    dirtyharrydirtyharry Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IMHO

You only need the Odom book and CBTnuggets. For labs use Packet Tracer. The Odom book comes with a practice test that is very hard. If you're passing the practice test then you can pass the real thing. I didn't use anything else and got a 950.
  • Options
    yapchinhoong2010yapchinhoong2010 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    add the FREE CCNA Complete Guide 2nd Edition written by me too. :)
  • Options
    @yapchinhoong2010

downloaded ur book

thanks its great
    brushing up all concepts
  • Options
    are boson test coming with icnd1 wendell odom book
    harder than real ccent exams
    looking at some of questions i got confused icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    MaSterOfGRapesMaSterOfGRapes Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey omkar that's indeed a lot of stuffs to go with . the only question is you got to ask urself i.e " A'm i confident , can i rock the Exam !! :) " . BTw i myself studying for one path CCNA will give next month , Gosh!! too much to study . Btw Greeting From another Indian :/
    GOOD LUCK
    - Sid