Options

Passed Network+ !

CertzCertz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am glad that is over. Too much of a broad brush. I actually thought I failed.
Got a 788 with 720 needed to pass. A little too close for my comfort. I spent too much time on the first 20 questions and then had to double time on the rest. Oh well it's a pass and that is what counts! Yea Baby!

Ok, with all that said and done I have a question for the people above me (tech wise) that might have some good in site as to where I go next. First keep in mind I am unemployed and needing to find work. No panic yet but it's still a problem.
I have scheduled for a class at a local jr. college to go through the VMware Vcp4 required class for the VCP 4 cert and wondered should I start studying it now before I get in the class and forget the sec+? I have little to no experience with VMware. I'm concerned I will not be able to keep up with the class.
I am putting together the last parts of my lab server now. (I go to the class every saturday for two months.)

or

Should I look at taking the Comptia Security + first? Before the VMware class begins. Do I have enough time? It appears that the Net+ kind of sets you up for the Sec+. I have 1 month and 3 days before the VMware class starts. I'm just concerned about info overload and interfering with the VMware.

I'm open to all advice to help me in this crunch situation.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63