Just passed A+ !

Danny boyDanny boy Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed my A+ exams :D Got a reasonably respectable score for my Essentials one - 760 but only just scrapped the Practical one with 726.

On a side note the people at the test centre were surprised I passed both exams first time - apparently most people fail - is that the experience of most people?

Comments

• bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass(es) :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

What I've seen is those without real world experience tend to either not pass it the first time or barely squeak by, which was my case the first time I took it. The second time I took it, ten years later with experience, I did much better.

I like what someone said on this forum "A pass is a pass". icon_cheers.gif
  • wgc01wgc01 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gratz on the passes, I passed first time around, but I had been working off and on around computers since the late 80's, and allot of stuff has not changed much, just more of it..LOL
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    I passed mine first try taking both the same day and the testing center receptioist said that was unusual as well so you did good.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Jarhead2011Jarhead2011 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulation on the passes. what do you plan on taking next?
    "Getting information off the internet is like drinking water from a fire hydrant" - Michell Kapor
    2013/2014 Certifications
    CCNA R&S Project Management SQL 2008/2012
    Currently Reading: Network Warrior 2nd Ed.

• Danny boyDanny boy Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I'm planning on doing Network+ and then Security+.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the passes!! icon_thumright.gif

I also passed my A+ on the first time as well :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • mezekermezeker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good work mate. I am very happy for you. i remember passing my A+ a few years ago.

Now I guess you moving on to the Network+ and Security+ exams.
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista, MCAS: Outlook 2007, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals, ITIL v3, ISFS Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002 Certified

"You must not only test whether an application
    does what it is supposed to do, but also whether it does not do what it should not do."