Options

Done with MCDST

geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
Passed 272 today, 271 last Monday. I am glad i am done with that. Hard to believe how old XP is getting. I was so tired of seeing Outlook Express and IE 6 in 272!

Comments

• Options
    Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! What are you on to now?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    geek4god wrote: »
    Passed 272 today, 271 last Monday. I am glad i am done with that. Hard to believe how old XP is getting. I was so tired of seeing Outlook Express and IE 6 in 272!

Awesome job!

I have both books and read them both. I really should get off my lazy azz and take these exams.

Anyway like Bane said what are you off to next?
  • Options
    geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Congrats! What are you on to now?

CCENT next. Not sure If I will come back to 7 and 2008 which was the original plan, but who knows.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on getting the cert!
    I was origionally planning to get this but think I'll just get one of the MCITPs for Windows 7.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on getting the cert!
    I was origionally planning to get this but think I'll just get one of the MCITPs for Windows 7.

I have so much experience doing this after project plus I might actually grab it.

I am making it a point to go back and get all the certifications I failed to do front start.

Project + I failed 2003, I am planning to take that, and then the MCDST. After that I would of faced all my fears :)
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, man I miss outlook express
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    I have so much experience doing this after project plus I might actually grab it.

I am making it a point to go back and get all the certifications I failed to do front start.

Project + I failed 2003, I am planning to take that, and then the MCDST. After that I would of faced all my fears :)
    Don't forget the MCDST retires June 30, 2011 Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certification Exam Development
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Don't forget the MCDST retires June 30, 2011 Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certification Exam Development

O wow it was pushed back from March to June!
  • Options
    Yeah I noticed that too. I'm guessing MS got some feedback from some people and moved the date of all those retirements for that period.
  • Options

I think they intended March but published June so they decided to not upset all of their followers who are working to finish. The upgrade to windows vista exam was always published as March and didn't move.
  • Options
    I think they intended March but published June so they decided to not upset all of their followers who are working to finish. The upgrade to windows vista exam was always published as March and didn't move.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the 411
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should take a look at the 70-621, Upgrading Your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support .

It's like the MCDST for Vista, and since you already have the MCDST, you'll get the MCITP: Enterprise Support and the MCTS (Windows Vista – Configuration).

BUT it is set to retire 3/31 so there's not a lot of prep time.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    congrats! any tips you can give me? plan to do MCDST next..
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    geek4god wrote: »

after going through both, do you think you could have done them both in the same day?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    after going through both, do you think you could have done them both in the same day?

Mike are you thinking about going for both in the same day?
  • Options
    I'm planning on doing them both on the same day. I've been studying all the domains at once.
  • Options
    I know it's been done, but personally I would advise against it if you can help it. That is asking a lot out of your brain in a single day.
  • Options
    I know it's been done, but personally I would advise against it if you can help it. That is asking a lot out of your brain in a single day.

I would normally space them out but I went to register for the 70-621 and found that all three of my local Prometric centers have closed. So now the closet "decent" center is close to 2 hours away. I'd look to space them out, take the 271 in the am, go somewhere for lunch, decompress, and go back for the 272.
  • Options
    steve13ad wrote: »
    I would normally space them out but I went to register for the 70-621 and found that all three of my local Prometric centers have closed. So now the closet "decent" center is close to 2 hours away. I'd look to space them out, take the 271 in the am, go somewhere for lunch, decompress, and go back for the 272.

I had a similar plan some time ago, but lucky for me some other things opened up for me. You do what you gotta do.

Good luck
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass and finishing MCDST!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Mike are you thinking about going for both in the same day?

originally I was planning to, currently undecided
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    originally I was planning to, currently undecided

I am probably going to work towards this. Everybody lately is asking if I have my MCP

Nobody cares about my other certifications lately lol

***Might do more ITIL or the SQL one again. Just depends but this one is defiently on my radar
  • Options
    no one cares about my ITIL cert, Network+ or HDI cert.. well, my current job did, but prior to that interview, and sans a few comments on here, no one knows or cares about my HDI...

A+ and Security+ are the only ones people know about/care about
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    no one cares about my ITIL cert, Network+ or HDI cert.. well, my current job did, but prior to that interview, and sans a few comments on here, no one knows or cares about my HDI...

A+ and Security+ are the only ones people know about/care about

I haven't even gotten that. One asked if I knew red hat and if I was certified, the others all ask are you an MCP or do you have your MCSE. No mention of the MCSA lol

I am going to grab one for sure, maybe two and get the MCDST, but quite frankly all I want is the MCP.

I've spoken with over 15 companies in the last 6 weeks. Everyone asked about the MCP.