Options

Baby girl!

2»

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    xenodamus wrote: »
    Congrats man! Our first is due in September. I've been told to enjoy my sleep while I can.....

If you don't you will regret it icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! That's awesome news. Parenthood can be one of the most challenging experiences many of us will ever face, but it's well worth it. If I didn't have my son I have no idea what I would be doing, his birth has changed me in so many ways for the better.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    o the greatest fun in the world. all the sleepless nights

I could do it again just to see them smile icon_smile.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    congrats on your new bundle joy icon_thumright.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    congratulations :) coolest thing that can ever happen to you :)

ours is 9 months now and dispite a lot of early on crying is now the coolest and cutest thing in the world :)

Be perpared to write of 6 months of study, social life and having any kind of rest. but the benifits are out of this world :)

Wish you and the family all the best.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation, man!!

It will loong path in Fatherhood for you!! This is best thing for man!
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    ButtonMeButtonMe Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your little bundle of joy! This is just the first turn in your life - now every day will bring something new, exciting and challenging! Enjoy every second of it - they grow up so quickly!
  • Options
    ButtonMe wrote: »
    they grow up so quickly!

Although some times at 3:30 am when you have a crying / screaming baby in your arms it just dosen't feel fast enough :)

Belive me though, one day you even miss those times.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations...now you get to have zero *** life like the rest of us. :)

MS
  • Options
    eMeS wrote: »

MS

Nah, Still have plenty of that :) Baby can't take away all the fun :)
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you don't you will regret it icon_wink.gif

I am having my first on Monday. A baby boy. I would recommend checking out a video called "The Happiest Baby on the Block". It seems to work on the video. He has some clips on youtube you can watch but he also has a video you can buy. I will be putting these newly learned skills to the test.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    eMeS wrote: »

MS

Echo that, a three year old and a newborn keeps us both pretty busy and tired 24/7. All worth it though.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I am glad to hear everything went well. Welcome to Baby+
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Sounds like you got your Baby+ certification.
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Congrats man.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Best time in my life was my daughters younger years...So much joy they brought me.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    ericcumbeeericcumbee Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats you would not happen to be one of the Purple Pansie Paldins of Furman?
    Georgia Southern University Class of 2008
    BS of Information Technology- Network Admin
    A+, Security+
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Paladin wrote: »
    Congratulations to you and your wife on a successful project!

Here's something to ponder: Some managers believe that if one woman can have a baby in 9 months, then 9 women can have a have a baby in one month.

Cheers!

Paladin
    ISMS Architect and Data Center Manager
    Some managers also believe that if 9 women can have 9 babies in 9 months then it'd be more cost efficient for 1 women to have 9 babies in 9 months...lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats mate........:)
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    earweed wrote: »
    Some managers also believe that if 9 women can have 9 babies in 9 months then it'd be more cost efficient for 1 women to have 9 babies in 9 months...lol
    And eventually it will turn into a Manager/Project Manager scheduling a woman who isn't even pregnant now to have 9 babies in the next month. icon_rolleyes.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    My life just took such a another major change. My beautiful baby girl, Charlotte, was born this morning around 11:00AM EST. 6 pounds 12oz and surprisingly full of energy! :D

Congratulations!

Now add "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughers" by Dr. Meg Meeker to your reading list and read it! (asap) :) I kid, but not really! It's a great book icon_study.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ericcumbee wrote: »
    Congrats you would not happen to be one of the Purple Pansie Paldins of Furman?

Ah, no... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Now add "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughers" by Dr. Meg Meeker to your reading list and read it! (asap) :) I kid, but not really! It's a great book icon_study.gif

Actually, that does look like interesting book...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Actually, that does look like interesting book...

It is a GREAT book, for Mom's too!

And, it is really interesting just how much of that is true when I look back and the role my Father played.

Dr. Meeker has "Boys shall be Boys" (or maybe 'Should be') and she again stress how we as a culture (speaking for the US) are destroying the curiosity and natural 'play' our young men once had and we've handcuffed them into 'safety' (I'm at a loss for my phrasing this morning). Nevertheless, too many parents don't let their young men work out their own problems (and I'm talking pre-teen stuff here, playground squabbles and small kid adventures) so that when they are teens, they don't cope as well as they once did.

I hope you are able to obtain a copy and find some time to read it. You will be a larger role in your daughters life than you might possibly know so things you Do and SAY will always guide her in her choices later in life.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    tgfndotcomtgfndotcom Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is a major accomplishment......... makes certifications really secondary in life
  • Options
    ericcumbeeericcumbee Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ah, no... icon_lol.gif

thats good to hear.
    Georgia Southern University Class of 2008
    BS of Information Technology- Network Admin
    A+, Security+