Options

Started First Day Today

So overall today was a pretty good day. Cisco is great, love the job, and happy with my role. Went into it deep today, got a laptop and a badge. Studied tons of internal documents to familiarize myself with things. And now that I'm in the role, I have a greater idea of my daily job, which is essentially supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting almost 400 VPN connections. I'm pretty much the main point of contact actually, and am working completely independent of a team.

Lunch was great, they have like 5 kitchens. Ate some freshly prepared sushi. Mmmm. Now I'm home and am going to celebrate valentines with the misses. :D What a great day, thanks for all the encouragement everyone, it helped me out a lot!
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments

• Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! Well deserved :)

How long does it take you to get to work?
  • Options
    millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    Congrats man! Well deserved :)

How long does it take you to get to work?

I live 4 blocks from the lightrail station, and lightrail is 8 stops and drops me off right in front of my office. So it takes me about 26 minutes taking public trans. Not bad really.
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds like a good first day! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, having fresh sushi at work is really nice.
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    millworx wrote: »
    I live 4 blocks from the lightrail station, and lightrail is 8 stops and drops me off right in front of my office. So it takes me about 26 minutes taking public trans. Not bad really.
    Is that at the main SJ Cisco campus, or some other office?
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and enjoy the sushi but you better hold off on the sake (for now)icon_smile.gif. Shoot me a PM in response to your question, when you get a chance.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your first day! Sounds like a fantastic day getting in the trenches to see what your job entells. Mmmm....sushi sounds good, haven't had any in a minute :D
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda