Options

Router & Switches ???

MaSterOfGRapesMaSterOfGRapes Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey friends ,
i'm starting my ccna path:) ,towards ciso world , still a Fresher with some basic idea . just wanted to ask you ppl to help me out in setting up lab for ccna . Needed to know wat Router and switches model will do the job . And Ya tell me how its gonna cost *Got to get the Budget Ready * :D

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here's a couple recent threads that should point you in the right direction:

Complete Newb, Setting up a home lab (CCNA)

CCENT/CCNA Beginner Lab Setup HELP!!!!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Mike ... you should make one of those a sticky...
  • Options
    Hey thanks Mike . Ok so going through all those stuff . decide to buy
    2-2600 series *are r many models in this series, if so wch specific s good ? *
    2- 2950 series *same as above *
    1- 3550 or 3650?
    finally tell me the cables :) * no idea *
    And to finish it off how much will all of this stuff cost , i'm kinda running low on budget icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    i'm kinda running low on budget icon_sad.gif

Cross off the 3560.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Hey thanks Mike . Ok so going through all those stuff . decide to buy
    2-2600 series *are r many models in this series, if so wch specific s good ? *
    2- 2950 series *same as above *
    1- 3550 or 3650?
    finally tell me the cables :) * no idea *
    And to finish it off how much will all of this stuff cost , i'm kinda running low on budget icon_sad.gif

Get the 2600 xm routers. The 00 part doesn't matter, and you want 12.4 IOS. Make sure all 4 devices you buy come with a power brick and preferrably console cables.

If you don't have a computer with a serial port (to use with the console cables) you'll need a usb > serial adapter. You need a way to simulate a serial link on your routers. Any 2950 routers will do.

Maybe add a couple of WIC cards to your shopping list to stick in the routers (for WAN links).

Right now I see a 2950 on ebay for $39. The 2600xm routers are closer to $100. If you can't afford that, then Cisco 1721 routers are a cheaper alternative. Definetly get the 2600 series routers, though, if you can afford them...they'll carry you beyond CCNA while the 1721 routers probably won't be of much use after your CCNA.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Greenmet29 wrote: »
    Mike ... you should make one of those a sticky...

Erm,
    <smart ass> http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/6434-ccna-faq-please-read-before-posting.html </smart ass>

icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    What Mike said in his post.

One thing though. What on earth is going on with your username? MaSterOfRapes? Either I'm not seeing some other meaning behind that or its a tad offensive...
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »

One thing though. What on earth is going on with your username? MaSterOfRapes? Either I'm not seeing some other meaning behind that or its a tad offensive...

dude the thing s i have used this user name on all sites i register . And ya i created this id first when i was into all those gaming stuff * miss those days icon_cry.gif *
    Now it s time to move on in life . Its study time for now icon_study.gif:D . Hope it didn't offend anyone . And love this Site :)