IOS 15 / CME 8.x

pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone using it in production yet? I have a stack of 2851s that need to go out and am thinking about taking the plunge. Need to test it out a little more but so far all of my templates seem to be fine.
CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    pitviper wrote: »
    Anyone using it in production yet? I have a stack of 2851s that need to go out and am thinking about taking the plunge. Need to test it out a little more but so far all of my templates seem to be fine.

I have around 4-5 customers who have it. The big thing for me is that version 8 has uxxc in a linux sever. Its great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I haven't had any problems.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    We are running IOS 15 on our voice gateways, but we do not use CME in any of our sites.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    I didn't even see CME until I read the post above. So let me go back, we have around 1-2 customers that have CME 8. I haven't really had a chance to dig into yet.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm going to put CME 8.5 out there - Will report back if I run into any issues/bugs :)
    Minor annoyance number 1 (so far).

I get the following [welcome message] for each ephone config during the initial bulk copy and paste setup (no phones plugged in yet):

Feb 28 16:37:04.223: Can't open file system:/its/vrf1/SEP108CCFA15CAF.cnf.xml for write

After a few messages the paste gets out of whack and starts pasting in partial lines followed by lots of errors. Had to copy and paste each phone in one at a time. The odd thing is, that after I was done pasting in the ephone configs, a “show telephony-service tftp-bindings” proved that the xml config files were actually created! Just seems to be an issue the first time.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are there any known issues with CME 8.x and CUE 7.x (NM-CUE)?

I've run into a few GUI issues using CME 4,1 (c3725), some config settings don't seem to take when set.

I'm looking at adding a 2811 to the lab. Just wondering if 8.x has any similar issues.
    7.0 and 8.0 don't match. You have to be a bit more specific on what version you have.

Check that out. There are quite a a few mis matches. We had people not able to receive voice mail when the version's haven't matched up

Cisco Unity Express Compatibility Matrix [Cisco Unity Express] - Cisco Systems
    Currently Reading

Yeah, don't mix them. If you get a 28xx for the lab stick with CME 7.x.
    Well, I finally put these guys in place this week and....no problems whatsoever onsite (well, outside of the "typical" carrier and facilities issues but those are to be expected)!

I think that I'm comfortable enough to make the switch to 2900s going forward.