Options

SIP in a cisco enviornment... why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dbelskidbelski Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all your answers. Our NEC Aspire M, with Webpro, system does have Voip and IP cards and have the latest software 6.21. We actually have site to site voip calling between NECs but how do I tie Cisco with it. Sites do not have Cisco gear so h323 will not work unless I can use the h323 (which is part of the NEC)
    I'm ok with SIP for each site.
    Each site has Ip communication through MPLS, and I have remote access to all the PBX programming throught the IP managment card.

NECs were maintained by a contractor who is no longer have a maintenance agreement, so we have to do it our self’s.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    dbelski wrote: »
    Thanks for all your answers. Our NEC Aspire M, with Webpro, system does have Voip and IP cards and have the latest software 6.21. We actually have site to site voip calling between NECs but how do I tie Cisco with it. Sites do not have Cisco gear so h323 will not work unless I can use the h323 (which is part of the NEC)
    I'm ok with SIP for each site.
    Each site has Ip communication through MPLS, and I have remote access to all the PBX programming throught the IP managment card.

NECs were maintained by a contractor who is no longer have a maintenance agreement, so we have to do it our self’s.

What type of routers are at the end of your MPLS connections?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    In a perfect world you would be able to set the NECs up as H.323 gateways and be done with it. The ones that we used wouldn't play nice when going H.323 Cisco -> H.323 NEC, but did work fine going H.323 NEC -> H.323 NEC. Could have been a limitation of the code that we were using - It was a wile ago (and thankfully they have been long since decommissioned!). SiP is an option but you'll really need to play around with the NEC side of the config. I don't remember the details, but they were setup as something odd, like SiP tie lines or something. Best bet would be to get someone involved from NEC for the 1st site, and then replicate the changes that were made.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT