Options

David S.Prowse book

sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi, guys/gals

I was browseing the Internet, Amazon specifically and spotted this book.

Amazon.com: CompTIA Security+ SYO-201 Cert Guide (9780789747136): David L. Prowse: Books

I would to hear your opinion about this book. Together with Darril's book, you think it would be enough sources.

I apprecfiate your feedback

thanks
working on CCNA

Comments

• Options
    Bellman80Bellman80 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't finished David L. Prowse's book yet, but my impression is that this book has a lot more 'hands on' approach. There's a bunch of labs and sims, a lot of links to external resources.

Darril Gibson's book is enough to pass, and it's your best bet if you got only a couple of weeks till exam. However, if you'd like to take your time and do the labs and study the material more in-depth, then David L. Prowse's book is great too. Not that the language is technical, it is easy to read too, it just expects you to research on your own a bit as well.

Think Darril Gibson: Security Essentials, and David L. Prowse's: Security Practical Application icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    mezekermezeker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read the book. It's a great resource to study from.
    If you need additional help passing the exam shot me an pm. The exam for me was only a week of study and nothing more. I have work experience so that helped along with my ISO 27002 certification from EXIN.

After your CompTIA Security+ what's next.

How many hours are you putting into studying?
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista, MCAS: Outlook 2007, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals, ITIL v3, ISFS Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002 Certified

"You must not only test whether an application
    does what it is supposed to do, but also whether it does not do what it should not do."
  • Options
    sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi, Thank you for your replay.
    sorry I'm a bit late with response
    everyday about 4-5 hours.

Plus I use practice test Certification preparation and Trainsignal test engines. about 2 hours everyday.
    working on CCNA