Options

compact flash cisco 1860

tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
I managed to get my hands on an 1860 from work to use for my voice studies. It looks like I need at least 128 flash and it only has 64. My problem is all I can find at the usual places are in the gigabyte range. Will this work and are there any brands/sizes people have had more luck with?

Thanks!

EDIT: Something else that might help me. I checked feature navigator and all the 12.4's that support CME/SRST say they require 256 ram and 128 flash. I've got the 256 ram already but in checking out some of the IOS that say they need 128 flash the IOS Bin files are in the 30-45 meg range. Can I get away with loading one of these and just skipping the gui and firmware files or am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Maybe. I've had ISRs not like certain CF cards. I've had most success with Sandisk cards and I normally only get the 256 or 512MB cards.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Is it an 1861?

I use the real cheap Transcend CF cards (512MB, 80x) in all of my lab ISRs but any old card will probably do the trick. Just be sure to format it in the router.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    tha_dub wrote: »
    EDIT: Something else that might help me. I checked feature navigator and all the 12.4's that support CME/SRST say they require 256 ram and 128 flash. I've got the 256 ram already but in checking out some of the IOS that say they need 128 flash the IOS Bin files are in the 30-45 meg range. Can I get away with loading one of these and just skipping the gui and firmware files or am I missing something?

If the IOS BIN is that small then you’ll have plenty of room. Just copy over the phone loads that you need (not all of them) and you’ll still have room for ringtones and the GUI.
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Thanks guys I think I'll try to just load the router as is with 64 and see...

From the cisco website. Doesn't it seem odd they require 128 of flash and the ios is only 36 meg?

IP VOICE W/O CRYPTO
    c1861-ipvoice-mz.151-3.T.bin
    Release Date: 17/NOV/2010
    Size: 36982.08 KB (37869648 bytes)
    Minimum Memory: DRAM:256MB Flash:128MB
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    tha_dub wrote: »
    From the cisco website. Doesn't it seem odd they require 128 of flash and the ios is only 36 meg?
    It doesn't include ringtones, firmware, config files or SDM/CCP.

[edit]Looks like the 1861 has CME as part of IOS.[/edit]
  • Options
    Yeah, the 1861 is a bit of an odd device - It's basically just a UC500 platform with the additional support for enterprise features (SRST) and it uses the typical ISR phone licensing model (as opposed to the UCs which come with the phone licenses built in).

Definitely fun to play around with!