Options

Passed with 847!

falknfalkn Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just want to say thanks to all the guys who pointed me towards the Darril Gibson book. After all my attempts and buckling and learning the material I am finally Security + certified. I still think there were some info left out, but most of the information was in the book and greatly helped me grasp all the concepts. Will definitely be coming back to the forums for help on all the other cert exams.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    mezekermezeker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job. What's next on your list. Anything I could help you with let me know.
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista, MCAS: Outlook 2007, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals, ITIL v3, ISFS Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002 Certified

"You must not only test whether an application
    does what it is supposed to do, but also whether it does not do what it should not do."
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the good score!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    falknfalkn Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ccna is definitely one i'd really want to get, i've seen many fail and i'd just like to know what would be a great study guide for it.
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Banned Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    falkn wrote: »
    Just want to say thanks to all the guys who pointed me towards the Darril Gibson book. After all my attempts and buckling and learning the material I am finally Security + certified. I still think there were some info left out, but most of the information was in the book and greatly helped me grasp all the concepts. Will definitely be coming back to the forums for help on all the other cert exams.

falkn:

Congratulations!

That is a big achievement.

I'd like to suggest that you work on the SSCP next, then after that the CISSP. If you need help, let me know. (I wrote a complete 3-day SSCP course a while back.)