Options

console cable pinout for patch panel?

ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
Is it possible to make a permanent connection from my cisco devices console ports to my patch panel? I want to punch them down, then connect my blue rollover cables from the front of the patch panel.

I googled for the pinout for this, but didn't see it.
Climb a mountain, tell no one.

Comments

• Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    cant you just use a straight through cable from the console port of the Cisco to the patch pannel, and then a rollover from the port in the wall to your computer?
  • Options
    jovan88 wrote: »
    cant you just use a straight through cable from the console port of the Cisco to the patch pannel, and then a rollover from the port in the wall to your computer?

Right. I feel dumb. icon_shaking.gif

I'll do exactly that!
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
  • Options
    ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    ehnde wrote: »
    Is it possible to make a permanent connection from my cisco devices console ports to my patch panel? I want to punch them down, then connect my blue rollover cables from the front of the patch panel.

I googled for the pinout for this, but didn't see it.

Thats a pretty good Idea!

I originally did it like this:

Cisco%20Lap%20Front%20Panel.JPG

Cisco%20Lab%20C0op3r_7.jpg
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com
  • Options
    If I could go back in time and spend my money differently I would have gotten a console server and octal cable. I love your setup, though. Your post on the lab thread led me to buying a skeletek 16U icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    ZeroHunterZeroHunter Member Posts: 148
    ehnde wrote: »
    If I could go back in time and spend my money differently I would have gotten a console server and octal cable. I love your setup, though. Your post on the lab thread led me to buying a skeletek 16U icon_lol.gif

Yeah & I got the idea from some else here, but yes they are great Racks - Best out there for the money!
    Z3r0

Skool: Herzing Univ for CCNA
    c0op3r.com