Options

bad cisco serial cable?

fonquefonque Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently reconfigured my lab to build the TSHOOT topology.
everything was working fine until I started configuring my frame-relay cloud.
I am using a 2520 as the frame-relay switch with 4 2600s connected to it.

For some reason, my 2520 is not detecting the DCE end of the serial cables on 3 of the 4 interfaces. Only interface serial 3 is working correctly.

Could I have 3 bad serial cables or is there something wrong with the 2520?

also, the 2600s on the other end of the cable can detect the DTE end just fine.
I program my heart to beat breakbeats and hum basslines in exhalation.... matter, verse, spirit

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Have you tried using the working cable on another port? That can narrow the issue down pretty quick for you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Nevermind, I plugged the DB60 sides of the cables in upside down. didnt know they would fit that way. Such stupid mistake.
    I program my heart to beat breakbeats and hum basslines in exhalation.... matter, verse, spirit
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, I did try the working cable on all the other ports and it detected the DCE end, thats what made me think I had a cable problem, but it was more like user error *hand to forhead*
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    fonque wrote: »
    Nevermind, I plugged the DB60 sides of the cables in upside down. didnt know they would fit that way. Such stupid mistake.

Things like that are things you only learn by doing. And you usually don't do it twice. Best of luck!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.