CWTS Pass

phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I sat for and passed the CTWS exam today. I found this to be an easy test, and it only took 40 minuets from check in to check out for me (yes I did kill time at Costco after my test):).
As easy as I found it, it was a nice refresher and an excuse to get away from work for a while.

I ordered the $100 pack from CWNP (the one with all 3 books) and watched the CBT Nuggets that my employer has (Michael Shannon knows his stuff, though he isn't quite as entertaining as Jeremy Cioara). That plus my daily experience with Aruba gear at work made this a fairly straight forward exam.
Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations on passing the CWTS exam!

What was your score? And are you going for any other CWNP certs?
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats! Going for CWNA?
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing the CWTS exam!

What was your score? And are you going for any other CWNP certs?

Thanks everyone!

I got an 86% overall
    WiFi Technology, Standards, and Certifications - 100%
    Hardware and Software - 77%
    Radio Frequency Fundamentals - 77%
    Site Surveying and Installation - 77%
    Applications, Support, and Troubleshooting - 100%
    Security and Compliance - 88%

I would have liked to see a higher number; especially as there were only about 3 questions that I wasn't entirely sure about (goofy layout and wording). Those questions got comments and I am still happy with my score.

Up next for me is WGU, I start the BS IT Security program. I am ready to take the Project+ test from day one, and then the two CCNA tests shortly after as I am studying it currently.

After I finish the BS Degree, I am going for the CWNA, CWSP, CCNA:W, CCNA:V and maybe a couple more before enrolling in WGU's MS:Info Sec program.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423

I would have liked to see a higher number; especially as there were only about 3 questions that I wasn't entirely sure about (goofy layout and wording). Those questions got comments and I am still happy with my score.

I took my CWTS last week and feel the same as you do.. I left comments on my test as well due to the wording of a few questions.

Good luck on the BS Degree!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    I took my CWTS last week and feel the same as you do.. I left comments on my test as well due to the wording of a few questions.

Good luck on the BS Degree!

I meant to go back and comment on your thread saying the same thing, but have been distracted by the family here at the house. Save for the few issues I commented on, I preferred the layout of the CWNP test over the CompTIA stuff.

Thanks, I'm excited to finally finish the degree (I'll end up a triple major). Best of luck in your future endeavors Steve.