Options

How much different is the CE exam?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Is it different at all or can you still use Darril's book and be fine?

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N2IT wrote: »
    Is it different at all or can you still use Darril's book and be fine?

I'm pretty sure it's the same exact test. It's not so much that the exams are different as it is now that instead of the test being lifetime, they're now three years until you either meet the CE requirement or re-take Security+ (which by that time will be the next generation or so for sure).

Darril's book should still be fine and all you need to pass this exam.
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's the same exact test. It's not so much that the exams are different as it is now that instead of the test being lifetime, they're now three years until you either meet the CE requirement or re-take Security+ (which by that time will be the next generation or so for sure).

Darril's book should still be fine and all you need to pass this exam.

That's good to know.

I bought Darrill's book from Amazon and the server book in my sig line. I am doing server + 2009 first then moving onto the security.

I think that might fill out my 2011. Using the approach less is more :)

Besides financially 3 test at 250 a pop and another 150 on books is more than enough :) The dang server book cost my 68 alone.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N2IT wrote: »

Besides financially 3 test at 250 a pop and another 150 on books is more than enough :) The dang server book cost my 68 alone.

$68...wow....I almost feel like taking Server+ to see what all the hubbub is all about....it was that same vanity that led me to take Project+ (2009) earlier than I would have liked.....(I'm sure I won't though...trying to hold out for the beta...lmao.)

If I were you, now that you have Darril's book in your possession, I would start with that first, take the chapter exams at the end and then top it off with the final exam. Then schedule the exam. With the A+ and Network+ alone, you should and most likely will have the Security+ exam after you're done with the Gibson book.

If nothing else, it can only help you with Server+...
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    $68...wow....I almost feel like taking Server+ to see what all the hubbub is all about....it was that same vanity that led me to take Project+ (2009) earlier than I would have liked.....(I'm sure I won't though...trying to hold out for the beta...lmao.)

If I were you, now that you have Darril's book in your possession, I would start with that first, take the chapter exams at the end and then top it off with the final exam. Then schedule the exam. With the A+ and Network+ alone, you should and most likely will have the Security+ exam after you're done with the Gibson book.

If nothing else, it can only help you with Server+...

You know I value your advice, so I may just take it first.

I feel getting the Comptia's are a good idea for me. It shows I understand the technology from a non vendor specific level, but even more so it shows I have that high overview of knowledge. I think that is critical for me personally. Getting the late in the game, I like to have a taste of all the technologies, or at least major ones and then potentially move forward. If an opportunity presents its self I want to have a legitmate chance.