Options

best self test software?

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
what self test software did you find best prepared you for the security +

I have cbt nuggets and I'll buy Daril's book

Can anyone recommend a good practice exam software?

Comments

• Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Based on my experience, the practice questions in Darril's book covers a good amount of material regaridng what you have read in the book. I have not covered all of the questions yet as I am waiting to do the bulk of it after I have read the book and use it as a way to gauge what I am still lacking when I look at the overall picture.

PrepLogic's Assessment and Chapter quizzes in their LearnKey video series are pretty weak. It doesn't cover much information but how vauge the questions are help to keep you aware of the minor details that you may find on an exam.

Test King give you a good mix of every possible type of question that's out there. With over 900 questions in their Security+ pack, you will have a good understanding of what to expect once you go through all of the questions.

The PrepLogic Prep Tests are quite solid in my opinion, as well as being able to create progress charts and graphs on how you well you are doing from each session. They have allowed me to identify what areas I am good at, like Organization Security and areas that require a significant amount of improvement, like Cryptography. This is my personal favorite testing software overall.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darril's questions were the best. I also used Transcender but unfortunately they sucked for the SEC+.
  • Options
    westwardwestward Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used LabSim.
  • Options
    VerrucktVerruckt Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just Daryll's book and comptialese (that's figuring out comptia speak).
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i used Darril's book, but I really found the test cds from the Sybex book to be helpful
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark