Options

Looking at a cheap lab

djyoxdjyox Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
What do you guys think of this set up to get my feet wet for a starter lab?

3x 2611 routers

Or should I hold out until I can find a good deal on some 26450's?

Edit: PS, how do you edit your signature? I can't seem to find the option anywhere under my userCP, or maybe I'm blind(which very well could be the case)?
Taking:
Network+ - 6May2011
2011/2012 Goals:
CCNA / CISSP
Books & Videos:
CBT Network+

Comments

• Options
    lwwarnerlwwarner Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't see anything wrong with a set of 2611s to start with. Keep in mind that they will need to be populated with an appropriate set of cards. You can always resell and trade up later as your needs change.

PS: Edit Signature is under Settings & Options.
  • Options
    Makes sense. I emailed the guy, and waiting on a response. I asked if he was willing to sell just one or two to try to bring the cost down even more...

PS - I must not have a high enough post count, or haven't been a member long enough. All I have under my settings & options is: Edit avatar, edit email & password, edit options, edit ignore list... I'll just wait around and see if it pops up.
    Taking:
    Network+ - 6May2011
    2011/2012 Goals:
    CCNA / CISSP
    Books & Videos:
    CBT Network+
  • Options
    lwwarnerlwwarner Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Interesting. What happens if you click the Edit Signature link that I posted above?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    New users (and s_p-a_m-b_o-t_s) who register on TE don't get access to Signatures or the Private Messaging system.
    For new members to be able to send or receive PMs, please follow the instructions in the welcome email you received when you registered at TechExams.net.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Hey its there!

Yeah I figured it was just to help protect the site a little. I haven't tried to send a PM.
    Taking:
    Network+ - 6May2011
    2011/2012 Goals:
    CCNA / CISSP
    Books & Videos:
    CBT Network+
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    2611's are solid for a start. They don't run 12.4IOS though if that is an issue for you.

You may want to look into the 1700 series if you want 12.4 compatibility. They can be had for super cheap on ebay.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU