Options

where is the standard user account?

nearownkiranearownkira Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
In my Microsoft Press 70-271 book, it is stated there is four types of user account:computer administrator, standard, limited and guest.

I can't find the option to create standard user account in my Windows XP SP3 PC. Please help on this matters.Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    In my Microsoft Press 70-271 book, it is stated there is four types of user account:computer administrator, standard, limited and guest.

I can't find the option to create standard user account in my Windows XP SP3 PC. Please help on this matters.Thanks.

what page is it on?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    A standard user account is simply an account without being a member of the administrators group. If a user is only a member of the 'users' group then this would be an example of a standard user account.

User accounts in the enterprise will (or should) be standard accounts - you won't want users having admin rights.

HTH
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    gateway wrote: »
    A standard user account is simply an account without being a member of the administrators group. If a user is only a member of the 'users' group then this would be an example of a standard user account.

User accounts in the enterprise will (or should) be standard accounts - you won't want users having admin rights.

HTH
    Good point. The standard account refers to your account as a member of a domain. Limited is your local account.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.