Options

70-680 Failed

2»

Comments

• Options
    winky51winky51 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My last experiences with an MS test was a nightmare. I had to take the test twice. The 1st time I was menu-ed, trick-worded, trick-phrased the entire test. I spent more time deciphering the question then actually answering it with my know how.

The 2nd time the questions were completely specific on diagnosing, configuring, and networking. I passed it easy. And I only looked over my notes the 2nd time because I couldnt learn anymore than I did.

So its a toss up on how your tests comes. I wouldnt be surprised if the 1st time you take a test it is tougher than the 2nd time on purpose to earn a few extra $$$s for prometric.

I tried transcenders and I thought their testing methods were so off the mark and simply frustrating that I dont use them anymore. I took dozens of tests from them and all I got was frustration at their complexity and trickery of questions.

In college I studied how to give proper testing to students are part of my education degree and these companies are off the mark. The focus so much of a student's brain power on reading the question correctly, building up frustration, that they dont allow you to use your full capacity to answer the question. Shouldnt be like that.

You shouldnt ask questions like...
    "where do you go to change virtual memory?" Like in transcenders
    A. start/control panel/system/advanced system settings/settings/advanced/
    B. start/control panel/system/system settings/settings/advanced/
    A. start/control panel/system/system settings/settings/performance/
    D. start/control panel/system/advanced system settings/performance settings/advanced/

That's a poorly setup question that only dooms test takers to failure and questions their confidence. Unless you sleep, eat, and drink MS products you would know the answer off the top of your head and be really confident.... and if you do eat/sleep/drink MS products you need a life instead of working 12 hours days.

So sorry about your test failure.

Best thing I can tell you about taking these kind of tests is to get their pad and take your time. Make a drawing, picture, notes of the actually question so you can better visualize it. Then start off by removing the answers you know are not right. Then work on deciphering the rest of the answers. Everyone is different so other procedures might work better for you.

Im sure I will get slammed for this, but never forget most companies are out there to suck as much money from you while giving you the least service. They will optimize their product to get away with the most before too many complaints come in. Testing is the same thing. If they can blindly make 90% of their 1st test time takers fail while paying $1000 per test without anyone questioning their practices they will do it. That's an inflated silly example of course, but Ive been around enough to see the B.S. out there. I know what fair test taking is, I designed tests that were fair, and seen tests that were unfair. These companies design tests to ensure X% of people fail so they make more money per test without setting off alarms. The $125 you pay for a prometric test with the "2nd chance" is a mathematically calculated formula to maximize profit vs the % of people who fail the 1st time. Because you can get test vouchers for 2/3 the price.

So just practice and study, dont get frustrated and try what I told you for test taking. Probably your failure is due to test frustration which will affect how well you answer.

tada!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Claymoore wrote: »
    TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Database Development:
    Working with XML Data (12 percent)
    55 questions * .12 = 6.6 questions

It still remains bizarre to me that the first 7 questions would be related to the only topic I marked I have very little knowledge of. And the fact it only made up 12% of the exam makes it even a little more bizarre.

What that tells me is they are going to test you on your weakest areas which is good for the exam itself, bad if someone is lacking in a certain area.