Options

Can U Dual boot Win XP with 2000 Server?

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
1.Can U Dual boot Win XP with 2000 Server?

2.Whats the best way to have Win XP & Win 2000 Server on the same PC? icon_confused.gif

3.Is it possiable to dual boot these two Operating Systems? icon_confused.gif

I have a Dell PC with a 40GB hard drive and it meet's all the other requirements for installing both Operating Systems.
Yesterday night, I had Win XP Pro on the C: Drive & tried to install Win 2000 Server on another primary partition on the same hard drive and after I rebooted, with 2000 Server installed, i tried to boot to XP and it said "Systemd file is missing or corrupt". Has anyone else had this happen? I'm trying to build my Win 2000 lab before my exam next weekend! I have a hub and another Compaq PC with 2000 Server on it and also a laptop with Win 2000 Pro. I'm using my Dell as my home PC to also connect to the internet and just wanted to dual boot into Win 2000 server when I need to go through the MS press labs. I had FAT32 on the C: drive and NTFS on the 2000 Server partition.

By the way i had to do a repair on my XP installation icon_redface.gif

Any help will be welcome...

D-boy

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think you should install 2000 first, when dual booting with XP.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Yeah, they'll dual boot. Install them in the order they were released (ie, win2k first and then XP)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both for your replys! icon_wink.gif Does it matter if I use NTFS?
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    D-boy wrote:

It is preferable if you do icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    RussS wrote:
    D-boy wrote:

It is preferable if you do icon_wink.gif

Agreed.

Only reason you should want to use FAT32 would be if you wanted Win98 to access partitions. No good reason to go backwards in OS at this point unless you just wanted to learn about mixed OS environments.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?