Options

Are using older tests a good idea to study

TimBostaphTimBostaph Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI, i been studing for my SEC+ for about two months and i can pass comptia's practice test and the test in the back of David prowse boork with close to 90% but if i take a test from and older version of the SEC+ like the ones on proprofs furams i get in the 60% range? does anyone have any good advice?

i thanks for your input in advanced.
TimBostaph
A+, NET+

Comments

• Options
    HI i was looking over some other questions and figure i just put in that i took the two tests in the back of Prowses book twice got in the 90% i took the comptia one Three times making sure they were one week apart. and now i got a 90% and the ons on here i took twice and got in the 80% i took the one up to date one on proprofs and got a 100% the first tim i took it today. But if i take ones for the 2007 test i get like 60% hence my worring. i have read two tomes one by Prowses and the other by Dunny. im thinking of getting gibsons book and reading it. does anyone have any other suggestions?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Get THE BOOK and use his questions.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    i would be glad to if i had a good book store within a hundred miles of my house and if that book came in any other formate other than in a kindle i only have a kobo. any suggestions.
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    order the book online if there are no book stores near you.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    Hi I just got the book and it does seem to be really striaght forward and indepth thanks for the input im sorry for venting on this forum i was hoping to test this week but i guess i have to put it off for one or two
  • Options
    I just finished Gibson's book it was a lot better and some of the others i read and i passed the end of the book test with a 93% i guess i just need to man up and take the sec+. well after a couple more practice tests thank to anyone who posted here.