Passed Network+

wgc01wgc01 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed with an 801, I studied the Myer's book, watched Messer's videos, there was some strangely phrased questions on the exam, gota slow down and really read them, small words can change the whole thing..:) Off to 70-640 now time to buckle down for that MCTIP-E..

Comments

• LuckyGreenFrogLuckyGreenFrog Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What study material did you use, and how long did you prep for it?
  • certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    wgc01 wrote: »
    there was some strangely phrased questions on the exam, gota slow down and really read them, small words can change the whole thing..:) Off to 70-640 now time to buckle down for that MCTIP-E..

The questions tend to be phrased in single or two sentences and for some reason they just try to make any sentence into a question instead of using a fill in the blanks (followed by choices) or other format. Sometimes same question can broken into three are more sentences followed by a question. For some reason, they just don't. icon_smile.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • fn157ffn157f Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass. I am new on the site and also planning to do the follow exams :- A+; Network+; Security+. Is good in this order Or another way ?

Please advise.

Thank you. icon_redface.gif
  • RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wgc01 wrote: »
    Passed with an 801, I studied the Myer's book, watched Messer's videos, there was some strangely phrased questions on the exam, gota slow down and really read them, small words can change the whole thing..:) Off to 70-640 now time to buckle down for that MCTIP-E..

Congrats!

fn157f,

That's the order I did mine in, and the order I'd recommend. At least the Network+ before the Security+, assuming that you'll be learning most of the concepts for Networking. If you have experience with Networking than you can probably do Sec+ before Net+.
    Studying for: Linux+; C|EH
  • ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, any thoughts or advice for the rest of us?
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    fn157f wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass. I am new on the site and also planning to do the follow exams :- A+; Network+; Security+. Is good in this order Or another way ?

Please advise.

Thank you. icon_redface.gif

Doing the certifications in that order is the norm. While A+ doesn't get in-depth into networking or security. It does lay a good base with knowing how computers work in general. From there Net+ is a good extension into the networking world. While I'm sure you could go Sec+ -> Net+, the material would assume a certain level of knowledge regarding networks, to get the most out of it. I would say sticking with A+ -> Net -> Sec is the route to go. It's worked well for the majority of us :)
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • wgc01wgc01 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, any thoughts or advice for the rest of us?

The Mike Myers book and study guide helped, also, Prof. Messer has a really good set of online free, videos for Network +, that helped me allot, I studied about 2 weeks, weekends as well, I am one of those people every minute of the day, I can stand I study.. good luck to all..:)
  • arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    awesome man. Congrats! I agree with the above posts that Net+ should be completed before Security+ for the most benefits.