Reuters (3000 xtra & plus) trading floor support

omega151xomega151x Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□

I hope I am asking the question listed below in the right section.

Hi, anyone here working in a trading floor environment? If you have any knowledge of Reuters (3000 xtra & plus) troubleshooting, I would like to know What a type of questions regards to Reuters an employer may ask on an interview and what are some of the problems you run in to with Reuters and how you go about solving them.icon_lol.gif Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    omega151x wrote: »

I hope I am asking the question listed below in the right section.

Hi, anyone here working in a trading floor environment? If you have any knowledge of Reuters (3000 xtra & plus) troubleshooting, I would like to know What a type of questions regards to Reuters an employer may ask on an interview and what are some of the problems you run in to with Reuters and how you go about solving them.icon_lol.gif Thanks in advanced.

I haven't worked in a trading floor environment but I have supported a development house that produced trading applications for foreign exchange swaps etc. Be prepared to be asked about stress because the floor can be heavy at times with traders saying things like 'get this f***ing thing fixed Im losing F***ing money!'. In a good week their bonus easily crushes your annual pay. The network always get's blamed, latency and what have you. It's one of the reasons why banking network jobs pay so much money. Im glad Im out of it ;)