newegg?

demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
i ordered a powersupply from them two days ago, it was doa, now they want me to pay to return it for replacement.

any one else ever have that issue?

ive never had to do that with any other online retailer that has sent me a doa before
wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    yea i had to do that once but hey newegg is practically the best when it comes to customer service though.

for every return you can just send them an email about restocking fee and they will waive it. saving me 15-20 each time.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I had a weird one with them. Ordered 2 refurb graphics cards. One shows up DOA, no big deal it's a refurb I half expected it. So I get the paperwork in order and send it back. They re-send me the exact same card with a message saying this isn't the card they originally sent me. Turns out when they were shipping they documented the wrong serial number. Said they would do nothing for me.

Luckily EVGA is a bit more helpful, they honored the warranty of their refurb and sent me out a replacement in short order.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I have had to return LCD Monitors and Memory before. No fault of NewEgg. I would agree that their Customer Service is good. Have you tried to get credit on the shipping cost?
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    I swore by newegg for years but have lately been buying more and more from Amazon. Unless its one of Neweggs "shellshocker" deals, the prices are almost always comparable and I get free 2 day shipping with prime.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I have had to return LCD Monitors and Memory before. No fault of NewEgg. I would agree that their Customer Service is good. Have you tried to get credit on the shipping cost?

ill try that tonight it just took me off guard because i normally order from tiger and there rma is a few clicks and i get my shipping label
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Always had good luck with NE. However the amount of business I toss at them...I never have a problem.

Aside from this, it is not unusual to pay shipping to send defective product back.

Call tags may be issued when the the seller KNOWS the problem was due to an error on their side.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    just got off the phone with them

apparently they have there site setup for returns more so than doa parts

on returns you do have to pay to return ship it on doa they send out a label or at least to me they did
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Newegg hasn't been the all around king of price in years. However....their customer service and processing speed is still some of the best you can find. And its worth paying a few bucks more. Plus, they've built up tons of product reviews....LONG before other places started offering that.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Yes, what Steve said.

I ordered 2 Fridays ago and it arrived Monday. One day turnaround! Never had a DOA from Newegg, though. If you've had to deal with bad customer service it really makes you appreciate good customer service so much more.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have spent thousands with them, have had to return plenty of things to them and as long as my order ships from the warehouse in Memphis, my order is at my house the day after I order it with standard shipping. I will never have anything negative to say about them. As far as I am concerned, Newegg has a customer for life.
    :study:
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Back in 03 my mom got me a open box video card for me for my birthday. Back then they weren't 100% clear on telling us "Images from retail item, box contents may vary."

At first they didn't want to refund us, but after a while they let us return it for credit.

btw this was a all in wonder video card so it didn't have standard vga/dvi ports.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I have returned several items to newegg and S/H for those item I returned were paid by newegg. They told me to print out the UPS thing and tape it outside the box.

I usually use the newegg chat so that I can copy our conversation. This time I am waiting for my H67 motherboard replacement, and newegg told me that they are going to replace my motherboard once it become available, which is going to be in April.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold