Options

CISCO Jobs

Bolton07Bolton07 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know any companies in Oxford, England that require CISCO CCENT engineers?

I have been writing directly to lots of companies but no luck so far

Comments

• Options
    Q2SUPHOMIESQ2SUPHOMIES Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Knock out your CCNA...and try again. CCENT is still very entry level, but a great start. Finish up with ICND2 and I think you might have better luck. Good luck with your search
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    You could use the cisco partner locator and search your area: Partner Locator-Partner Central - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Looking for partners is the best way usually, but as said before CCENT wont open many doors unless you have alot of experience under your belt. CCNA even is so common, most partners have their quota of that to keep partnership.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    You are better keeping your eye on a few job websites (CWJobs, Jobserve, Jobsite, Totaljobs, etc) and see what comes up. Quite often I see jobs for CCNA level engineers for decent salary.

Just a tip, do a search like "cisco" within 50 miles of your location, then set it so that they website will send you emails for anything that matches that search. I have nearing 15 emails a day from different sites doing this, and while not everything is useful, I've had three interviews this year because of things like this.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey man, CCENT, CCIE what ever. Isn't going to get you a job.

Find a local users group and introduce yourself. Everyone I know in networking, networks that way.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Registering on Relationships Matter | LinkedIn is what got me a job 3 month's before finishing college!
    There's a lot of head hunters there and it's a good universe to search for companies looking for staff to hire.

Someone found my profile by typing "ccna" or "ccna voice" i don't know, sent me an introduction message and i got 2 interviews with them and now hired for May 30!!

And it's really the job i was looking for. Small company, doing deployments in VoIP, personalized company support and network management, on-site training...etc!

So i guess i'm a bit lucky and having a grade probably helped!

BTW: Everyone on linkedIn should join the techexams group ;)
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Daniel333 wrote: »

Find a local users group and introduce yourself. Everyone I know in networking, networks that way.

I guess that might be a bit location dependant, as I've never even seen a local users group over in the UK, and never met anyone who's been to one. The most "local" over here would probably be any of the meetings LINX (London Internet Exchange) does, which from my current location is getting on for 200 miles away.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    How do you start in IT networking then, when you have no previous experience?

I have only got a CCENT qualification

I live in England by the way.
  • Options
    Is it really not possible to find work in IT networking with the CCENT qualification?
  • Options
    MaSterOfGRapesMaSterOfGRapes Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well it depends on luck , some ppl Get in with CCENT/ CCNAand Treaure it . While some take time to get their feet in
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bolton07 wrote: »
    Is it really not possible to find work in IT networking with the CCENT qualification?

You should start harvesting for support jobs to get your feets in!
    Telco's always need level 1.5 agents
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You should start harvesting for support jobs to get your feets in!
    Telco's always need level 1.5 agents

Exactly. You aren't going to go engineer networks with just a CCENT and equivalent knowledge. Find something entry level and start gaining some experience.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    Daniel333 wrote: »

You in the local Users Group here in the bay Daniel?
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide
  • Options
    mark_s0mark_s0 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bolton07 - I understand your frustration. I live in Oxfordshire and network analyst/engineer jobs are hard to find whether entry level or experienced. If you can, I'd branch out to Swindon and Reading, that's where I've seen more, if any networking jobs.

As well as the list Stuh84 gave, I'd also recommend UK IT Jobs – Search for a New IT Job Today – PurelyIT.

Good luck in your job search.