Options

Your Microsoft Virtualization Voucher is Enclosed

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
So today I got this email - like 4 copies of it...
Here is your Microsoft Virtualization voucher number: *REDACTED*
TO SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM:
Visit Microsoft Certifications | Prometric, click the "START" button to schedule your exam – and when prompted enter in your voucher number (listed above). The price that will display on the screen is the price of your exam.
If you are one of the first 1,000 to register and you pass your virtualization certification exam by June 30, 2011, you will receive your complimentary TechNet Subscription information on or before July 15, 2011 via email. The message will be sent to the email address you provided when registering, and you will need to activate your subscription before accessing the benefits.
Good luck!
Prometric

Then I got this email...
Please DISREGARD the Microsoft Virtualization Voucher Email just received

Please disregard the email you just received regarding your Microsoft Virtualization Voucher. It was sent in error. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will be in touch shortly regarding your Microsoft Virtualization Voucher.
Thank you,
Prometric
Of course that email came as I am tring hard to register...

None of the codes work. But it seems like something is in the works for the MCITP Virtualization Admin exams! I'm excited.

Comments

• Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    What do you mean by "something in the works"? Please tell me you are talking about vouchers to take Microsoft Virtualization exams for free :D
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    That seems to be the case... But I don't know.
  • Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got exactly the same emails, 4 too. Looking around online it's being reported all over the place. No idea what's going on.
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Yep, found the same series of e-mails in my inbox from Prometric as well.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I also got them, but I already have the MCITP: VA. If the exams are discounted I might take the 659 (I passed 652 for the VA) to get the free TechNet sub, but it's not a priority since I already have a TechNet sub.

EDIT: It looks like the exams are only discounted if you take several of them:
    http://www.prometric.com/Microsoft/virtualization
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    That sucks. I was hoping for some free exams... The MCITP VA exams are of no importance to my career but the technology is some what important to it.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I got 4 of those emails.. At first I was like woohoo 4 free vouchers (wtf am I going to study now) but then I got the please disregard email icon_sad.gif
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    I got them as well. It was pretty weird.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Got em too. Definitely M$ cooking a promo for virtualization.
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I got those too, wasn't sure if it was a genuine e-mail or spam.
  • Options
    KrankKrank Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's very strange, those emails were sent worldwide to any person who has taken a Microsoft exam.

And yeah, I was very excited with the vouchers when I thought that they were for free. I thought about it for a while and I'm purchasing the 3 Exam Pack anyway, it's a nice deal and since I was currently studying with vSphere 4 stuff, I guess that taking the Microsoft's Virtualization Certification would be a good step.
  • Options
    EricLigmanEricLigman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To help eliminate some of the confusion around emails that some of you received, I thought I would let you know that Prometric is aware of the situation where these inadvertent emails went out. They will be sending a follow-up communication clarifying the situation very soon, which should address your questions. Please keep an eye out for a follow-up communication from Prometric.

Thank you and have a wonderful day,

Eric Ligman
    Partner Experience Lead
    Microsoft Corporation
    www.MSPartnerBlog.com