Options

So, work is going to pay for my VMWare VCP class! GK or VMWare Education?

tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
thats a good thing... now, i see there are 2 different companies that do the training. vmware educational services and global knowledge. Does anyone have any experience with either? Which one do you think is better?

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've used Global Knowledge in the UK and they were very good (though it wasn't for a VMware course). Infact, Scott Vessey hangs about on here and he is the Lead VMware instructor for Global Knowledge UK..... he'll likely reply when he reads your message :)

Nice one on getting work to pay for it - it's a good course and I'm sure you'll enjoy it no matter which provider you choose. (Just make sure it's eligible to meet the VMware VCP course requirements)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    bertieb wrote: »
    I've used Global Knowledge in the UK and they were very good (though not for a VMware course). Infact, Scott Vessey hangs about on here and he is the Lead VMware instructor for Global Knowledge UK..... he'll likely reply when he reads your message :)

Nice one on getting work to pay for it - it's a good course and I'm sure you'll enjoy it no matter which provider you choose. (Just make sure it's eligible to meet the VMware VCP course requirements)

oh, it is! its actually offered every other week at this place. however, one week is GK and the next is VM ed services. i emailed and the vm ware rep said its different instructors, books and pricing. so, who knows.....

edit: i added the GK to my original title. that should get his attention. :)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have used both, I don't think you're going to do badly with either.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Did somebody say my name? icon_wink.gif

Whether you go with GK or direct with VMware, the lab equipment will have at least the same minimum spec, the instructor will be a VCI, and the course materials will be identical - you will most likely find GK to be a little more flexible on price although I can't guarantee that...

GK UK were recently awarded the Education Partner of the Year award for the EMEA region, GK US won the same award for the Americas, GK US also took the global award too - so we're definitely doing something right and keeping VMware (and our customers) happy...

Scott.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • Options
    well now... thanks for the input, all of you.