Skeletek C16U Rack

Zonian18Zonian18 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Was just curious if anyone has had any experience with the Skeletek racks ?

I'm thinking of purchasing this one

Skeletek C16U

/thanks in advance

Comments

• lwwarnerlwwarner Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are many threads here about the Skeletek racks. TechExams.net IT Certification Forums - Search Forums is your friend. They are very solid and stable racks. I have a 16U, probably the earlier B-series, and it is very nice.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I have this rack and love it. Very sturdy. Fits everything I need now and you can buy an expansion for it if you need to. If you live in Chicago, they're not far from the loop.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I also have that rack and love it. Took about an hour to put together. My one modification was to add a black shelf to the top to sit my 1721s on icon_lol.gif

I've got more stuff in it now, but here's an old pic
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Great rack. Just don't overtighten the bolts. The paint will flake. I had to retouch mine with a sharpie.
    ehnde wrote: »
    I also have that rack and love it. Took about an hour to put together. My one modification was to add a black shelf to the top to sit my 1721s on icon_lol.gif

I've got more stuff in it now, but here's an old pic
    FYI, this rack appears to have been assembled incorrectly. The upright frame is supposed to rest on top of the bottom frame rails. It is not supposed to hang unsupported between them as shown in this pic.
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    I have a 20U for my home lab, it is WELL worth the $. The fact that you can add components based on your needs gives it a good ROI if you decide to go from servers to networking or vice versa.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    lwwarner wrote: »
    FYI, this rack appears to have been assembled incorrectly. The upright frame is supposed to rest on top of the bottom frame rails. It is not supposed to hang unsupported between them as shown in this pic.

Interesting. Seems as if I put the bottom together backwards. Thanks for pointing that out....never noticed before.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    LOL! I think I did that as well when I bought it and then looked at it and was like that doesn't look right. :p
  • Zonian18Zonian18 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the feedback guys !
    I just purchased it and I feel confident that it will work out well.

I particularly enjoy the fact that its modular in design, which is why I got that specific model when the extended base, in case I wanted to convert it into a 4post rack. Plus if I add another rack ontop , I'll feel safer with the better extended support.

Also thanks for being the guinea pig on the assembly Ehnde icon_wink.gif

I'll post pictures when it arrives in the mail (ground shipping)

thanks again!
    ehnde wrote: »
    Interesting. Seems as if I put the bottom together backwards. Thanks for pointing that out....never noticed before.
    Just be careful with it until you get a chance to fix it since all of the weight is hanging by those bolts...

[post=505796]My Skeletek 16[/post]
  • Zonian18Zonian18 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So I got my rack a few days ago but had been slowly putting it together over the last few days due to time constraints. Plus some of those bolts are in hard to get to places when it comes time to tighten lol.

click thumbnails for larger image

imag0330.th.jpg

imag0331.th.jpg

imag0332y.th.jpg

imag0334.th.jpg