Networking help

JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
I need networking help, someone help me on this area? I need to know everything, everthing will help so much right now. anything will do anything that is on the A+ exam anyone that got tips or anything that they had on the exam so far, anything that A+ exam trys to trick u and stuff like that or anything to look for on the exam
Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    k one thing is the new objectives is going to kick in the fall? and what's the diff? is it bc of 2003 server? or is xp in also? can u give what's the old objectives to the networking part?
    Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You might get questions of the 2003 objectives starting July, but those questions won't be scored. In the fall the current question pool will be completely replaced with new questions based on the 2003 objectives.

You will not get tested on Windows 2003 Server. You will get tested on Windows XP, but probably not that much as in the A+ OS part.

The biggest difference between the old and new objectives are the objectives about internet connectivity that are now included:
    6.3 Identify common technologies available for establishing Internet connectivity and their characteristics.

Technologies include:
    - LAN
    - DSL
    - Cable
    - ISDN
    - Dial-up
    - Satellite
    - Wireless

Characteristic include:
    - Definition
    - Speed
    - Connections

Besides these, they will probably go a little more in depth about the protocols:

--- TCP/IP
    --- IPX/SPX (NWLINK)
    --- AppleTalk
    --- NETBEUI/NETBIOS

The Basic Networking TechNote I am writing will cover both the old and te new objectives :D although I might release it without the Internet connectivity objectives and add those a couple of days later. I have 11 pages so far an I'm quite sure it will cover everything in detailed enough to pass the networking related questions of the Core exam...
  • JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Webmaster u r sure the man! this web site has bring computer teching more easyer even thoung it will be hard work but it just brings it easyer for me. easy can be a good thing hard can also be a good thing but both can be a bad thing I guess if u think about it. Keep the good work! :D