Options

Job Outlook?

RhemalogosRhemalogos Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello to all, dont know if this post applies here, but I was wondering what my chances are of landing a database development job or junior dba. I am graduating in June with a BS in Computer Information Systems with an emphasis on Database systems. I will be sitting for my 70-433 in July/August. Experience wise, I worked as a fraud investigator for 3 years, but during that time I managed the department database, ran queries, updates, forms, etc. It was an MS Access database. Thoughts??

Comments

• Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Rhemalogos wrote: »
    Hello to all, dont know if this post applies here, but I was wondering what my chances are of landing a database development job or junior dba. I am graduating in June with a BS in Computer Information Systems with an emphasis on Database systems. I will be sitting for my 70-433 in July/August. Experience wise, I worked as a fraud investigator for 3 years, but during that time I managed the department database, ran queries, updates, forms, etc. It was an MS Access database. Thoughts??

Can't speak for nationwide since I'm not a database guy but we have 3 dba jobs listed right now. have no idea how long they have interviewing or how much they pay.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sounds like you have a pretty good base going and I don't think you'll have too much of an issue finding work.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Early congrats on graduating, thats a huge accomplishment. Seems like your experience is pretty good to be graduating. I know for a fact that about 98% of DBA's are employed, leaving 2% unemployed, but thats usually because they want to be or work for themselves. DBA positions will always usally be in demand and you will be an asset if you work hard and structure things correctly.

- X
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda