Options

Need help for 70-270

g.balajig.balaji Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Which book will be the best material to prepare for this exam.

Whoever passed this exam could help me in tips, preparation materials and other ebooks and practice exams.

Thanks in Advance...

Comments

• Options
    FizzedineFizzedine Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi

When I did this exam I used the microsoft self training kit.
    I would say this book is enough but technet has great resources too

Good luck dude
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used the MS Press kit book primarily but also used as additional resources TechExam TechNotes and the Exam Cram book to prep for my exam. Good luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Today i passed 70-270. i thought i would fail, as the questions are always confusing, but managed 760!!! i read ms press book(service pack2} and practiced with the measure up test which came with the book, read sybex book 3rd edition 2005, the questions at the end of each chapter is good practice. searched for tips in internet, and forum of this site did helped me coping the pressure of giving my first exam! next up 70-290icon_cheers.gif
    make sure u buy the second shot offer which is up to 30 juneicon_lol.gif
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    kvermillion1kvermillion1 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how would you rate this exam, as compared to the Network+ or A+ certification, in terms of difficulty. I found the net+ to be fairly easy and I only studied for 4 day to achieve it. Im just wondering if I should go through a whole MS press book or try and rely on the technotes in this forum, etc. I'm not looking for an easy route or brain **** by any means, just wondering if reading a full book is necessary for this particular exam. Any feedback you have would be great!!
    :study: Certified: CompTIA Network+, Security+
    Up Next: CCNA, MCITP: SA(70-640,70-642,70-646)
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanksss!!!
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    how would you rate this exam, as compared to the Network+ or A+ certification, in terms of difficulty. I found the net+ to be fairly easy and I only studied for 4 day to achieve it. Im just wondering if I should go through a whole MS press book or try and rely on the technotes in this forum, etc. I'm not looking for an easy route or brain **** by any means, just wondering if reading a full book is necessary for this particular exam. Any feedback you have would be great!!

I would say it's harder than the CompTIA A+ and Network+ due to the vast amount of topics covered but it's not that bad overall. MS tests are different in format and how questions are worded which is a challenge in itself. If you are experienced in Windows XP then I would suggest reading the exam objectives and make sure you know them well!! I would at least take a look at the TechNotes and MS Press Kit book to make sure you are prepared and ready.