Options

MCITP: SA vs MCITP: EA

FizzedineFizzedine Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all

I am currently going for the MCTS: 70-640 and I am not sure should I go for the MCITP: SA route then go for MCITP: EA or should I go straight for the MCITP: EA?

many thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Both EA and SA have overlapping tests (I think), so it might just be easier to get the SA then the EA.. At least after the SA you will get a boost of confidence that you've accomplished something. Just my though process.

MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) | Training Courses for IT Professionals
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have time I would do the SA first then EA.
  • Options
    ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
    za3bour wrote: »
    If you have time I would do the SA first then EA.

What are the cons to doing the EA first?

I'd like to get both, but I only get a bonus for the EA. I'm deeply in debt and need that bonus ASAP.
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Banned Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Zentraedi wrote: »

I'd like to get both, but I only get a bonus for the EA. I'm deeply in debt and need that bonus ASAP.

It may be possible to pursue learning and certifications in ISO 27002 and then get a part-time gig as an ISO 27001 implementer or ISO 27001 internal auditor.

My the way, ISO 27001 is an international security framework compliance standard for implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) using Deming's PDCA process improvement framework.

ISO/IEC 27001 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this is how you write, "Greetings! I'd like to be you consultant in ISO 27001!" in Japanese:

Google Translate!

By the way, I am deeply in debt also. I owe my wife and my mentors so much for guiding me and inspiring me.
  • Options
    Paladin wrote: »
    It may be possible to pursue learning and certifications in ISO 27002 and then get a part-time gig as an ISO 27001 implementer or ISO 27001 internal auditor.

My the way, ISO 27001 is an international security framework compliance standard for implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) using Deming's PDCA process improvement framework.

ISO/IEC 27001 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll have to look into that later. First they want me to work on EA and VCP for my new job. I'll have to use up all my free time to work on those first.

I'm sure I could work my debt down in the next few months. It's just that moving on such short notice and at the worst time of the year (everything begins in April, schools, new company hirees, etc) has been quite expensive. It's about $2000 USD for the movers to take just *some* of my stuff and move it about 400 km. Even then, they won't handle or insure the computer equipment which I have to drive up myself. Those are just the small expenses.
    Paladin wrote: »
    And this is how you write, "Greetings! I'd like to be you consultant in ISO 27001!" in Japanese:

icon_tongue.gif Do not rely on Google for translations! Ugh. lol. *shakes head*
    Current Study Track
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It looks like you only need 70-643 and 70-647 to get your EA as you already have 70-640, 70-642 and 70-680. That shouldn't be too bad and as it's the one you get a pay raise for that should probably be the way to go. You finish that and then you just need you 70-646 for SA, then you could do 70-686 for your EDA7 :).

Tom
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to appear and asking a question, but it's related to this topic!
    I don't really know how Microsoft certifications is working, so my question is, is there any requirements before passing these exams to obtain a MCITP EA, exept studying for them? Do i have to be a MCA (Associate) or something else before i can attempt them?

Exam 70-640
    Exam 70-642
    Exam 70-643
    Exam 70-647
    Exam 70-6812

Thanks for your help
    Tom
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry to appear and asking a question, but it's related to this topic!
    I don't really know how Microsoft certifications is working, so my question is, is there any requirements before passing these exams to obtain a MCITP EA, exept studying for them? Do i have to be a MCA (Associate) or something else before i can attempt them?
    No, just sign up for the tests, and if you pass you're certified. Microsoft has a lot of info to help with questions like this, for example:
    Microsoft Certification exams | IT Certification | Exam Preparation FAQ
    Microsoft Learning: Preparing for and Taking an Exam – FAQ
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    It looks like you only need 70-643 and 70-647 to get your EA as you already have 70-640, 70-642 and 70-680. That shouldn't be too bad and as it's the one you get a pay raise for that should probably be the way to go. You finish that and then you just need you 70-646 for SA, then you could do 70-686 for your EDA7 :).

Actually, already have EDA7! Day after that, I got the call to come up for an interview.

Now, I'm wondering if it's even worth pursuing the SA after the EA.
    Current Study Track
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well it's only one exam and you can take it at any time. So maybe when things calm down for you take the one exam and you're a SA.

Just my opinion :).

Tom
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here's the difference:

MCITP: Server Administrator

The MCITP: Server Administrator identifies you with the knowledge and skills to perform day-to-day management of servers in Windows Servers 2008. While it's not a direct match, many people associate the MCITP Server Administrator as being similar to the MCSA in Server 2003.

The skills include:
    • Handling day-to-day management of the servers
    • Handling software distribution and updates
    • Monitoring and auditing servers
    • Troubleshooting issues
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator

The MCITP: Enterprise Administrator identifies you with the knowledge and skills needed to perform advanced networking tasks including infrastructure design using Windows Server 2008 products. While it's not a direct match, many people associate the MCITP Enterprise Administrator as being similar to the MCSE in Server 2003.

The skills include:
    • Enterprise systems administrator
    • IT systems administrator
    • Systems architect
    • Network administrator
    • Enterprise security administrator
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Zentraedi wrote: »

There is really no cons here, but taking 646 you will be reading/practing more as a Server Administrator.