Options

Mcse study books

ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Looking to get started for my MCSE and would like to know whats the new or a good book to start with. A friend gave me one of his book but I think it's an older version of the MCSE networking essentials exams. Please, help out with any advice or tips u all have. Also where can I find a sample exams questions to practice with.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I'm using the MS Self Paced Training Kit, CBT Nuggets, and TestOut courses.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    I guess it depends on are you wanting a book to study for the test or a book that will help you learn alot about 2003 and then find books that will help directly for the tests? If you are looking for a good book that is not directly related to the tests but will teach you alot of good stuff about servers and the ins and out of 2003 then i would suggest Mastering Windows Server 2003 by Mark Minasi. I love his work and you will learn alot that will help round out your server learning.

Amazon.com: Mastering Windows Server 2003 (0025211441305): Mark Minasi, Christa Anderson, Michele Beverridge, Callahan, Lisa Justice: Books

I agree if you want material for the studying for the tests themselves I also suggest Technet. That and Transcender questions will help you prepare for the exams.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm using the MS Self Paced Training Kit, TechNotes, and Exam Cram books for MCSE :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DOSDOS Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm using MS Self Paced Training Kit (I buy the books on Amazon used, most of the time they are brand new), CBT Nuggets and tips from this site.
  • Options
    robdogrobdog Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Only going for MCSA. Currently training for 70-290. Currently using the following:
    1. Microsoft's self training kit: Mananging & maintaining a Microsoft Windows server 2003 & MCSA/MCSE.
    2. Sybex study guide: Windows Server 2003 Environment Management & maintenance.
    3. TestOut