Options

Tshoot demo item

Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
Hi All,

This is my first post in the CCNP big boys club, go easy on meicon_lol.gif

I've started my CCNP studies this week and I am trying to study ROUTE, then SWITCH but study TSHOOT as a concurrent activity to both - hope this makes sense. I am already building labs for the ROUTE topics, so why not use them for TSHOOT practise at the same time?

Anyway, i have just been over to Cisco's TSHOOT demo page, any of you guys tried it? and I was wondering if it is representative of the general difficulty level of TSHOOT or just representative of the exam format. I've been working in IT and 'messing' with networks for about 5 years and I have to say I found it quite easy, I suppose I would expect it to present a bit of a challenge to even a well experienced engineer.

Anyone tried this and sat the real exam - I'm not trying to get anyone to break NDA, just wondering about the level of it.

Cheers

Chris
Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
:study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]

Comments

• Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have read a bit on Tshoot already and i skipped much pages...going directly to the trouble tickets. I would say it's 50% revision of Route/Switch, and 50% of methodology. I just passed route/switch, so it's fresh material.

Some guys have passed TSHOOT without reading the certification guide. I guess if you have enough experience and a structured approach, you could pass the exam. The only drawback is you have to answer some theory questions + the troubleshooting tickets.

I will read that book and i will practice the bottom-top and divide and conquer methods using the Boson TSHOOT Ex-Sim Max which is very hot. I recommend it !
    http://www.boson.com/Product/642-832-cisco-tshoot-practice-exam.html

Tom
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I have not taken the TShoot exam yet but I have read on cisco's forum that you should know the topology as well as you can before sitting the exam as it will make the test a lot easier. The suggestion I was given was to lab up the topology and go through "basic troubleshooting steps" for Routing and Switching (review ROUTE/SWITCH end of chapter notes).

I am sure you will do fine. Good luck and let us know how your studies progress
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Cheers guys,

here's the link in case anyone hasn't had a go/wasn't aware of it

TSHOOT Demo Item

Chris
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    ChipschChipsch Member Posts: 114
    TSHOOT was hands down my favorite test that i have ever taken. WOW! Loved it. You mentioned you have been working and troubleshooting on networks for the past 5 years, that gives you leverage.

As for trying to cover the topics of all three overlapping that way, meh....My advice would be to stick to one at a time and get a really firm understanding of things. That way when you hit the final test, it will just be a matter of combining things in a real network, a convulted one to say the least. Between a solid foundation of the route and switch topics as well as real life experience, you'll be just fine.