Hi, transcender + professor messer for net+?

puskonpelospuskonpelos Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone!

I took the A+ on janaury and now I want to get Networ+ certified. For the A+ I just read mike meyers' certification passport, of course I have some years of real experience in the field.

Now I want to get Net+ certfied, and I already bougth trancender practice exams (it came with flashcards) and started watching professor messer's videos (and taking notes)...

the questions... would that be enough? should I add something else?

thanks....

Comments

• Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    theres so much covered in the network+ exam. alot less common sense questions than the A+. i would suggest getting a book.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • lockdnloadedlockdnloaded Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah definitely would add a book. I used both of those and Todd Lamle's book and passes the first time. Heard alot of good stuff about the Meyers book also. I just didn't care for his writing style. Good luck.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hi everyone!

I took the A+ on janaury and now I want to get Networ+ certified. For the A+ I just read mike meyers' certification passport, of course I have some years of real experience in the field.

Now I want to get Net+ certfied, and I already bougth trancender practice exams (it came with flashcards) and started watching professor messer's videos (and taking notes)...

the questions... would that be enough? should I add something else?

thanks....

The Comptia exams are expensive with no retakes without paying again so I would consider getting the book.

However with the experience, passport book, and transcender/messer videos you should be good to go honestly.
  • puskonpelospuskonpelos Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you!

I'll add a book, meyer's or lamle's, whatever I find in my country.
  • SteveThingSteveThing Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't need to study, but the people I was helping were using the Sybex book and liked it. I personally find Sybex a bit dry and hard to keep interested in.
    CompTIA: Net+, Sec+
    Aruba: ACMA, ACMP
    Air Force:
    2E251, 3D152, Fiber Installation Expert, Certified Cryptographic Network Professional, and a couple hundred useless certs on nothing important in real life (aka, Tree Killing+)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would also recommend a book for the Network+ exam. There are many topics that are covered.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • kvermillion1kvermillion1 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is alot covered in the net+ exam but its not too specific. I studied only using a Preplogic MegaGuide ($15) and free study materials posted on ProProfs.com Free CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam.

I would not suggest investing in more than one book and there are tons of free study guides and practice questions online. I passed my test 832/900 on 3/7 and I only studied for about 5 days. Know your WAN technologies, ports, cabling standards/specifics, and know how to implement the troubleshooting methodology and you will be just fine.
    :study: Certified: CompTIA Network+, Security+
    Up Next: CCNA, MCITP: SA(70-640,70-642,70-646)
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    make sure to check out mcmcse.net's study guide. really good review info.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree