Options

Failed 294 for 4th time. A record lol

kamikaze_wormkamikaze_worm Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Actualy not upset this time its gone past that. Its so ridculous now i'm just laughing.

I guess the champagnes on ice for now but the vodka will defo be out tonight icon_sad.gif

519 up to 632 which i guess is something to be pleased about.

Regards, a laughing Kamikaze_worm
IT Desktop Support Technician
Comptia Exams passed - A+
Microsoft Exams Passed - 270, 290, 291, 620, 293, 294
Qualifications - MCP, MCTS, MCSA
Working towards - MCSE
Currently Studying - 298

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Actualy not upset this time its gone past that. Its so ridculous now i'm just laughing.

I guess the champagnes on ice for now but the vodka will defo be out tonight icon_sad.gif

519 up to 632 which i guess is something to be pleased about.

Regards, a laughing Kamikaze_worm

Sorry to hear. Very close and one of these days you will get it.

On a lighter note, I just finally realized that your name and avatar are from the Worms Armageddon game.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Sorry to hear. Very close and one of these days you will get it.

On a lighter note, I just finally realized that your name and avatar are from the Worms Armageddon game.

Thanks. Yeah gotta love worms.

BTW I mean 297 wish i was taking 294 that was easy. No reading involved!
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • Options
    BTW I mean 297 wish i was taking 294 that was easy. No reading involved!

I disagree, 294 was a ..... you get the idea.
  • Options
    BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Sorry to hear this - I've been reading your other posts too and really hope you get it next time. I'm planning on taking on the 297 in April and I'm somewhat apprehensive.
  • Options
    Budzy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this - I've been reading your other posts too and really hope you get it next time. I'm planning on taking on the 297 in April and I'm somewhat apprehensive.

Don't let me put you off. Its a personal problem and battle. Prime example is the beast 291 which alot of ppl struggle with i passed first time with a conftable score.

On a different note some advice here from all. I will be taking the exam a 5th time at end of march (2nd shot) but should I fail it (Please god no) What suggestions can people give. can only take the exam 5 times I believe. Should I tackle 298 (Not great on security and never took 299) or should I look at upgrading the MCSA to 2008 then going to the top of that?

Any Advice is great.

Kamikaze_worm
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It has been said that the 298 is much easier than the 297. But it all depends on your testing skills.

I would at least try it if you fail again.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep going it took me 6 tries to pass 70-294, thank God MS had second shot back then. I think 70-294 is the hardest in the whole MCSE track.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    coax31 wrote: »
    Keep going it took me 6 tries to pass 70-294, thank God MS had second shot back then. I think 70-294 is the hardest in the whole MCSE track.

Took me 3 times to pass the 294 and I'm very capable in Active Directory. I hear ya there.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    coax31 wrote: »

6 times? I thought you could only take it 5 times?
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • Options
    6 times? I thought you could only take it 5 times?

Yeah, I believe it is 6 times in a single calendar year. So assuming your first couple fails were back in 2010, you should have some extra attempts (although hopefully you don't need them)

I'm going to go look for the exact policy.
  • Options
    Either they changed it or I was mistaken.

General Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Exam Retake Policy
    1. If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least a 24-hour period before retaking the exam.
    2. If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least a 14-day period before retaking the exam a third time.
    3. A 14-day waiting period will also be imposed for the fourth and fifth subsequent exam retakes. A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year (12 months). This 12-month period would start the day of the fifth unsuccessful exam retake. The candidate would then be eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date. In order to take a given exam more than five times per year, a candidate must submit a request and obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
    4. If a candidate achieves a passing score on an exam, the candidate cannot take it again.
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certification Exam Policies
    Make sure you are following the 14 day limits. Don't want to mess around with those.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The prometric site has a different Microsoft policy - it states you can't take it more than 5 times per calendar year. There is a big difference in those 2 policies.

Exam re-take Policy
    • General MCP Exam Retake Policy
      • If a candidate does not pass an exam the first time, he/she may retake it after at least 24 hours have passed.
      • If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, you must wait at least 14 days to retake the exam a third time.
      • A 14-day waiting period will be imposed for all subsequent exam retakes.
      • A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per calendar year. In order to take a given exam more than five times per year, a candidate must obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
      • If a candidate has passed an exam, he/she cannot take it again.
  • Options
    Im :S lol Which is it?

Suppose it doesnt matter I will have one more try and then look at other options. I having a break from study this week (went at it pretty hard in run up to exam) and as its my birthday this week (Yesterday :) ) So Im gonna have a little break this week and weekend.

I will get back on the horse monday and aim for a early april attempt, Fingers crossed for attempt no. 5
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't know if the rules have changed recently but I failed 70-291 6x times in a very short period of time. That was in '07.
  • Options
    coax31coax31 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    18-Apr-2009
    12:30 PM Plan., Implem., and Maint. a MSWin Server 2003 Active Dir St TESTPROCENTER INC ALSO OPEN WKNDS Microsoft
    070-294 R79DTT5132 Passed 4-Apr-2010
    11:59 PM Receipt
    4-Apr-2009
    12:30 PM Plan., Implem., and Maint. a MSWin Server 2003 Active Dir St TESTPROCENTER INC ALSO OPEN WKNDS Microsoft
    070-294 R6DDTT5177 Failed 23-Mar-2010
    21-Mar-2009
    070-294 R0ADTT516B Failed 14-Dec-2009
    13-Dec-2008
    12:00 PM Plan., Implem., and Maint. a MSWin Server 2003 Active Dir St TESTPROCENTER INC ALSO OPEN WKNDS Microsoft
    070-294 QFADTT50A0 Failed 28-Nov-2009
    26-Nov-2008
    3:30 PM Plan., Implem., and Maint. a MSWin Server 2003 Active Dir St TESTPROCENTER INC ALSO OPEN WKNDS Microsoft
    070-294 QEFDTT5157 Failed 17-Nov-2009
    15-Nov-2008
    10:45 AM Plan., Implem., and Maint. a MSWin Server 2003 Active Dir St TESTPROCENTER INC ALSO OPEN WKNDS Microsoft
    070-294 QE9DTT52D3 Failed 11-Nov-2009

You can't control what life throws at you but you can control how you handle it