Options

Clinical Systems Engineer - Job Interview - Salary Question

Hello Everyone,

I recently attained my MCITP:SA certification.

Within a couple of weeks, I have gotten a job interview @ a local pathologist-owned facility.

The title of the position is a "Clinical Systems Engineer" I have enclosed a job description below.

I am really requesting everyone's help for this role. What job interview questions can one expect ? also, what salary should I ask for ? im thinking maybe 65K.

I will really appreciate your input, thanks.

We have approximately 150 employees, with about 75 workstations, and 20 servers, and 100 remote (client) sites.

A bit about the position:

IT provides end user support for all of PPL and maintains electronic delivery of results as well as proactively monitors and verifies printing, faxing, and email delivery. We are working to improve the customer (both internal and external) experience, to prevent recurring calls on the same issues or types of issues.

Demonstrates and installs software and hardware for internal employees and external customers. Tests, organizes, monitors and maintains infrastructure software and hardware. Fields client help requests and contacts software vendors for support. Carries a working knowledge of Windows software and Networking structure including Office applications, Active Directory, Windows operating systems.

Familiarity with medical laboratory testing, HL7, and HL7 interfaces, Medical EMRs, LISs are a plus.

Comments

• Options
    teksource1984teksource1984 Member Posts: 100
    Come on people! please leave feedback on what questions I can expect..........this will mean a lot to me! ! ! !

-techsource
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you basic AD/DNS Windows type questions as well as your experience with desktop/server technologies Exchange/outlook/office file/print servers and services and Oses will be the main thing. Your understanding of remote access technologies (ie differences between ipsec and ssl vpn) may come up. Basic networking (maybe). Do you know if they are on 2003/2008 or xp/7 or a mix of both?
  • Options
    I believe they are on windows server 2008. With that being said, how much do you think I should request as a salary ?

I'm A+, MCITP:SA, Solaris and hold an associate of arts degree. I also have 5 years of enterprise level help desk experience. I currently receive 45K per year.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I believe they are on windows server 2008. With that being said, how much do you think I should request as a salary ?

I'm A+, MCITP:SA, Solaris and hold an associate of arts degree. I also have 5 years of enterprise level help desk experience. I currently receive 45K per year.

At least 45k,

How much do you want to make? Do they have a salary in range? This would be your first time working in a somewhat server oriented position? What were your previous responsibilities?
  • Options
    My previous responsibilities were all help desk related. At the most I would perform intermediate active directory, windows server and exchange server tasks.

I'm thinking because this role is titled as a Clinical Systems Engineer and because I work with 20+ servers, I should ask for 65K

What do you think blockbuster ? ??
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I think 92K is too much to asked unless you have years of experience on that. However, engineers should start from 80k to 85K.

However, they can hire someone else if that too high for them. Its still recession and there are a lot that will take a pay cut just to do this job.

Goodluck
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've worked in a clinical environment before, you probably want to weigh what your directly responsible for, if you'll be implementing new technology, preparing security audit reports (HIPAA compliance, etc. )

Anyway, as IT Support/Helpdesk for a medical center i was earning 65K.
    I think for anything clinical, help desk or support role you could easily ask for high 40's, not sure what our network engineers were pulling down.

Definitely do not consider anything less than $50.
    Are working through a recruiter or are they asking for you to supply a rate/wage upfront?
    In my experience the dollar values don't get discussed till second interview, or if they're close to making a final decision.