Global Knowledge Vmware 4.1 class review

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
This was vmware install configure manage 4.1, writing to let everyone know my experience with the class.

I took the class in Dallas and it was a pretty good experience, the instructor was knowledgable and as all the GK instructor's I've had so far, he consulted part time and instructed part time. The class and instructor flowed very well and the few times that the instructor didn't know the answer to something he researched and provided the correct answer, he was even willing to look at issues the students were having in their production environments and provide his opinion.

The lab environment was accessed remotely and two students shared one pod consisting of one host and one V-center server for the first half to 60% of the class, this host was connected to various types of different storage, local, san, fibre channel, ISCSI, and NFS.

This sounds kind of scaled down, but for the first part of the class your focusing on things that don't require two or more host's, these may not be the coolest things, but they are just as important.

The second half of the class has groups of four combining their host's and working with things like HA, DRS, FT, VUM, etc.

I think it was great that the teams were able to work with real server class hardware and SAN hardware, I think there are benefits and draw backs to their being some much team work, so if I could change anything about the class I would assign each student their own pod, I understand there are cost's associated with this, but I think it's a resonable request.