Options

What does "IN TEST" mean?

MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
I don't know if this is specific to AdTran or not, but this is the first time I have see this and it was on an Adtran 1335 PoE.

Our LA office called in today with no data connectivity. While looking into their issue, I noticed that when issuing the "sh int status" command on their 1335(Router), the uplink port to their data switch was completely missing from the output. Switchports 1 through 24 and Gig0/1(VoIP Uplink) were showing up in an UP/UP state, but for some reason Gig0/2 wasn't even there. I issued a "sh int gi0/2" and to my surprise, the interface was showing to be in an "INTEST/UP" state. I brought them back up by shutting and no shutting the interface.

Was wondering if anyone had ever see this. Is it the equivalent of err-disable? I don't remember seeing any errors on the interface.

|Adtran 1335|
G1
[Adtran 1238 PoE (VoIP)]
|__Router_ _|
G2
[Dell 3548 (Data)]

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Never heard of that before. It sounds like it was negotiating through some kind of change it may have had. Be it an error or what naught, who knows.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.