Music player program of choice?

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been using Winamp for something like 10 years now. I think it's time I made the life changing move to another program. What do you guys use?

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use Apple iTunes as my primary music player
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Anonymouse wrote: »
    I've been using Winamp for something like 10 years now. I think it's time I made the life changing move to another program. What do you guys use?

Winamp icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got Winamp Pro years ago and still get the free upgrades -- and I still use the Winamp Classic skin.

Winamp does exactly what I want it to do -- and it continues to do it well without trying to pimp my information and playlists and listening and viewing habits to some music/video store/service that will "enhance my experience" (and maximize their revenue). And no, I don't want to link my music/video player with FriendSpace and Twitmonster and WeSellYourInformationToTheHighestBidder.com
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    VLC does the job for me.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I got Winamp Pro years ago and still get the free upgrades -- and I still use the Winamp Classic skin.

Winamp does exactly what I want it to do -- and it continues to do it well without trying to pimp my information and playlists and listening and viewing habits to some music/video store/service that will "enhance my experience" (and maximize their revenue). And no, I don't want to link my music/video player with FriendSpace and Twitmonster and WeSellYourInformationToTheHighestBidder.com

Me too, it just do the job for me and has been for the last 10 years.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Winamp, it's just a simple, small player with a playlist that can sit in the corner with a variable degree of transparency.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    On my Windows desktops I've been using foobar2000 for about 8 years or so (before that was Winamp). I've mostly used a Linux desktop for the last 8 years, though, and I use Amarok.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I still use Winamp after many years, probably will for a long time.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    iTunes, I prefer the way everything is organised in it to Winamp. I used to be a big Winamp user (although wouldn't make much difference now as I'm OS X and Linux only at home nowadays) but I just prefer the way iTunes is laid out and everything is together in one interface. The modular way Winamp tends to be doesn't work for me at all.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I use iTunes, but I really want a Zune... even though it's practically dead in the market, the concept of the Zune pass appeals to me
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anonymouse wrote: »

Does Winamp no longer work? icon_mrgreen.gif

I still use Winamp on Windows and XMMS (a Winamp look-alike) on Linux. There's a plug-in for anything you could ever throw at it.
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used to use Winamp, but when I got my iPhone it makes it easier for me to just manage iTunes and not having to manage Winamp as well. On my HTPC, I just use Windows Media Center. Easier to control using the remote. Though, I can also use iTunes with Apple Remote using iPhone.
    :study: Life+
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use Windows Media Player.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Winamp user here.

Been using it for years. Does the job.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Foobar for music stored on my PC and Spotify (premium) for new music.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Media player for MP3's, I have that many I cannot search my HD for them using any media app as it crashes!!

Winamp for radio, amazing A-Z of genres like "Christian Rap" :)

VLC for AVI and MKV files
  • ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    On my Windows desktops I've been using foobar2000 for about 8 years or so (before that was Winamp). I've mostly used a Linux desktop for the last 8 years, though, and I use Amarok.

Another testimonial for a convert to foobar2000 after Winamp.
  • djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    I never thought I would be a fan of anything Apple but I have to say iTunes is pretty cool. It's given me a reason to organize and properly tag all my mp3s. The way it sorts and shows all the album artwork is pretty cool. Plus with all the id3 tags property tagged, music always sorts itself perfectly on all mp3 players. Plus it's free.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WINAMP :) !!! its simple, light weight and does every thing you could possible ask.

ITUNES is good if you have a ipod or phone, but other wise I can't see why any one wants any thing more then WINAMP.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lee H wrote: »
    Media player for MP3's, I have that many I cannot search my HD for them using any media app as it crashes!!

Winamp for radio, amazing A-Z of genres like "Christian Rap" :)

VLC for AVI and MKV files

I use Windows Meida Player usually. I also use VLC player on some types of files
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    WINAMP :) !!! its simple, light weight and does every thing you could possible ask.

ITUNES is good if you have a ipod or phone, but other wise I can't see why any one wants any thing more then WINAMP.

I'm going to try that WINAMP player.
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    Foobar is what I use with the different addons, it is awesome and it suports FLAC!
    Eating humble pie.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    I also use VLC player on some types of files

for a complete media experince with minium hassle

VLC and winamp covers jsut about every thing. VLC is a great bit of coding, hats of to them guys.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've been using winamp for about 9 years. Sometimes I have to use windows media player to rip my cds icon_sad.gif
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm partial to Media Monkey.