Options

SWITCH Passed (another one)

*BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed SWITCH today. I did have an issue on a sim that I didnt have last week. It was the same sim, but it would not take a command like it did last time. I did everything else required and left a comment. Last week it worked so I dont know what the deal is there.

Considering I've taken this test twice, a week apart, my recommendation is this: Dont skip studying anything. Each version I took was very different; items on one were not on the other and vise verse. Some items were on both. Just goes to show you dont know what your going to get so you better cover your bases.

Used FLG, OEG, and lots of labbing.
Procrastinator extraordinaire

Comments

• Options
    tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tndfrtndfr Member Posts: 110
    *BB* wrote: »
    Passed SWITCH today. I did have an issue on a sim that I didnt have last week. It was the same sim, but it would not take a command like it did last time. I did everything else required and left a comment. Last week it worked so I dont know what the deal is there.

Considering I've taken this test twice, a week apart, my recommendation is this: Dont skip studying anything. Each version I took was very different; items on one were not on the other and vise verse. Some items were on both. Just goes to show you dont know what your going to get so you better cover your bases.

Used FLG, OEG, and lots of labbing.

congrats, on to route, keep the momentum going, Cisco is just a means to an end and shouldnt be taken as if it was be all end all.
    good luck
    Working on CCNP 642-813 and finishing off MCSA.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    YahelYahel Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :D
    CCNA = Passed (01-02-2011)
    NEXT : CCNP ROUTE
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congratulations!!
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    tndfr wrote: »
    congrats, on to route, keep the momentum going, Cisco is just a means to an end and shouldnt be taken as if it was be all end all.
    good luck

Thanks. Yeah, I need to keep it going. I want to try and get my NP by late fall, early winter. I'm going to go back to college this fall, which is going to be a PITA while working full time and I'm really not trying to do all three at once if I can.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Great job! It looks like friday was a good day for those taking the SWITCH exam. The ROUTE one is a little more straight forward AND you can use Dynamips/GNS3 for labs just in case you don't have the physical gear. Keep up the great work and keep us posted on Route!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    down77 wrote: »
    Great job! It looks like friday was a good day for those taking the SWITCH exam. The ROUTE one is a little more straight forward AND you can use Dynamips/GNS3 for labs just in case you don't have the physical gear. Keep up the great work and keep us posted on Route!

Thanks. I like physical equipment, and so does my cat appartently icon_lol.gif

photo-2.jpg
  • Options
    416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Nice rack, mind going through what you have there?
  • Options
    416_guy wrote: »
    Congrats!

Nice rack, mind going through what you have there?

Sure thing. Starting from the top:

ASA 5505
    Orange female cat-PITA model
    2650XM-max memory
    2651XM-max memory
    2651XM-max memory
    2620XM-max memory
    2620XM-max memory
    2950-12 port
    2950-24 port
    2950-48 port
    3550-PWR
    3550-PWR
    3620-Dont use it, got it for free.
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Puttehkat say: I r in ur netwurk sniffing ur packets:P

Nice lab between, I just recently added an ASA 5505, and was surprised that alot of the features are disabled, and need to pay for them to activate it...
  • Options
    Mine too. Have to get the security plus license to really unlock it. Still fun to play with though.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    BB: Nice toys! Similar to my rack but I used more 3640s rather than 2650XM/2651XM series gear along with a few 1800/2800s. Unfortunately due to travel (and power bills) I opted to sell the majority of the lab and use GNS3 on my laptop. I'm with you, I prefer to have physical gear to play with but at times its difficult.

BTW, I dont recommend trying route redistribution with the Orange C.A.T model. It tends to throw packets and shred data at an alarming rate!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11