A few questions about CCNP

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
Hey guys,

I am almost done with my CCNA:Security and planning to take the test next month; and now I am doing some window shopping for materials and equipment. What I currently have equipment wise are:
3x 2620, 1x 2620XM, 2x 2950EI, 1x 2950, 5x WIC-1T, 1x 2511, GNS3 box.

And for study materials, I already bought the ebook Official CCNP Certification Guide by Cisco Press, and I might get the text book just for the CD that came with it. I might get this one too Amazon.com: CCNP Routing and Switching Foundation Learning Library: Foundation Learning for CCNP ROUTE, SWITCH, and TSHOOT (642-902, 642-813, 642-832) (Self-Study Guide) (9781587058851): Diane Teare, Richard Froom, Balaji Sivasubramanian, Erum Frahim

Now, I am looking to add may be two switches to my lab it depends on how many switches it requires. Which one should I get 3550 POE or 2960?
I am planning to take Voice in the future and may be CCIE:R&S, so should I go to 3550?
Any recommendation?

About the books, what else should I get? I would like to have a better understanding for these materials. I am willing to spend a year if necessary for my CCNP before I take the exam, but if possible six months.

Thanks,
thm
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    If it was me, I'd sell all the routers and just use GNS3.

I'd buy a couple of 3550's.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I have thought of that, but I have not sell them because I might use them in the future, but I might keep my 2620XM.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold