Options

MSFT Position - Office Communications Server - Support Engineer

Hello Everyone,

I have a phone interview scheduled with Microsoft for a support engineer position supporting their "Office Communications Server Product"

Does anyone know what Office Communication Server is ? do you know where I can get any technical documentation on this ?

-techsource

Comments

• Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    And you have already tried to find out how? Google, Bing, Microsoft.com? "Office Communications Server" gave me > 3million Google hits in 0.13 seconds. Try its fan boy name Microsoft Lync 2010 or maybe this link The Next Generation of Unified Communications - Microsoft Lync If Microsofts own site instills apprehension try Wikipedia at Microsoft Lync Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wish you luck
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Perhaps not "fan boy" but Media-Crazed, Hyper-Marketed, Flavor of the Moment Name-Change... icon_smile.gif

But yes, Lync would be what you're looking for. Don't be too intimidated, if you have experience in that market segment they will be pleased... Almost no one has "Lync" experience let alone a cert, the Beta exam just released in limited sections about 3 weeks ago (if memory serves)
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I have it deployed in test environment here at work. Its a pretty good product if you use it as is, but when you want to start adding hard phones and other bells and whistles it comes close in price to the cisco products. What I do like is that it has group chat built in(ciscco just got this) and its pretty easy to get up and running.

What I don't like is that MS is saying this is going to be the future, People are going to give up there desk phones. While I see the desk phone going away unless they can make sure that people can work flawlessly without all the viruses and other problems with PC's. Using the cell phone in collaboration with the soft phone may work, but that would require companies to buy smart phones, or people to let the company use there's for complete integration. Done with my rant.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related