Infragard vs ISSA

natureboy24natureboy24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was contemplating joining Infragard for the benefits of training and networking opportunities. Does anyone have any insight on both organizations?
MBA: Information Systems (2008)
BS: Management Information Systems (2006)

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why not do both? Check how often both groups meet. You'll likely have time to do both.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am going to my first infragard meeting on Wednesday.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've never found Infragard to be very applicable to me or the companies I work for. The "FBI's role in Afghanistan" or "WMDs in the Iraqi war"; both of which were topics at local meetings. Interesting? Yes. Pertinent to my job or company? Not a chance. ISSA has been more applicable to me. More of a working group. I guess I'm a bit biased though, I've been an officer for the local ISSA chapter for the past three years.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    RTmarc wrote: »
    I've never found Infragard to be very applicable to me or the companies I work for. The "FBI's role in Afghanistan" or "WMDs in the Iraqi war"; both of which were topics at local meetings. Interesting? Yes. Pertinent to my job or company? Not a chance. ISSA has been more applicable to me. More of a working group. I guess I'm a bit biased though, I've been an officer for the local ISSA chapter for the past three years.

Ours does Red Team / Blue Team exercises: Rock out w/ur 5pl01t out
  • PaladinPaladin Banned Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was contemplating joining Infragard for the benefits of training and networking opportunities. Does anyone have any insight on both organizations?

INFRAGARD is what you want. I should know. I helped get a chapter started in a major U.S. city in 2000.

Enjoy! And take your business cards and take good notes.
  • natureboy24natureboy24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What time does Infragard hold their meetings? (morning, mid-day, evenings)
    MBA: Information Systems (2008)
    BS: Management Information Systems (2006)